Have you developed a fright for Black and you’ve decided to throw all the black from your wardrobe? You’ve suddenly started wearing a scarf as an added accessory, then you’ve to admit the harsh reality that you’ve been struck by dandruff.
I know it’s annoying and hell embarrassing at times. But you don’t have to dread it that bad. It is curable. It can be caused by several reasons. Some of the reasons are:
- Extremely dry scalp
- Not washing hair regularly
- Fungal infection like yeasts
- Skin infection like Eczema
The above-mentioned conditions can give rise to white and irritating flakes, what we call dandruff. Little dandruff can be ignored. But too much of flaky scalp can’t be ignored, even by others. But wait, don’t invest in those heavily expensive chemical treatments for getting rid of dandruff. You can give into some home-remedies for your rescue. These home remedies are not extra harsh on your scalp.
Image Source: lethomeremedies
Bur before we discuss the methods to eradicate dandruff from your scalp, you need to know how many types of dandruff are there. We are educating you with this category because different types of dandruff have different remedies. You will be able to avoid taking different trial methods which can even aggravate your problems further.
Different Types of Dandruff Flakes:
1. Dry Skin Related Dandruff:
Dandruff is also caused by dry skin issues and this is the most common type of dandruff to occur in people. During winters when our skin is short of moisture, Dandruff often shows up. Plus, during winters we wash our hair with warm water which makes our hair dry further.
2. Oil Related Dandruff:
The other common cause of the dandruff is the build-up of too much sebum oil in the scalp. Irregular or frequent shampoo habits can also cause dandruff of this type. Washing your hair too much can trigger off the sebaceous glands in our scalp which in turn produce more oil to counteract the dryness caused by the scalp. If you don’t wash your hair, on the other hand, the dirt and oil accumulation in your scalp can cause itchy dandruff flakes on your scalp. This can also be followed by heavy hair fall.
3. Fungal Dandruff:
A fungus called Malassezia is naturally found in the skin and the scalp. Under normal conditions, the number of this fungus is under the certain limit. But excessive oil and dirt build up can trigger their excessive growth. This fungus releases Oleic acid as a by-product of their metabolic activities. This acid increases the turnover of skin cells causing the increase of white flakes in the scalp.
4. Disease Related Dandruff:
Serious causes of dandruff might include infections caused by the scalp. For example, psoriasis causes an abrupt increase in the skin cell turnover on the scalp. This causes the scaly skin on the scalp. They shed off continuously and combine with dirt causing the white coloured flake called dandruff. Eczema is another cause for dandruff.
Image Source: blogspot
If you get your treatment done by professional, you definitely get a respite from your problems but still before giving into chemical treatments you should try investing some time in the home remedies. Who knows you might get your problem solved without having to spend a penny!
Let’s have a look at some home remedies to get rid of Dandruff at home:
Image Source: biobloomonline
1. Take some fenugreek or say meth seeds and soak in the water at the night. In the morning, grind them to a fine paste. You can apply this paste on your scalp and massage it gently and leave it as such for an hour. Wash it off with normal water once it dries up. Don’t wash your hair with shampoo afterward.
2. Apply the fresh lime juice on your scalp. If it stings, you can dilute the juice with water. Rinse if off after 5 minutes.
3. Apply the paste of fuller’s earth or Multani mitti and lemon juice on your scalp and wash it off after half an hour.
4. Apply curd to your hair before washing. You can keep the curd in open for 3 days until it becomes sour. Apply this curd using a hair colour brush on your scalp. Wash it off after half an hour.
5. Make a solution of Apple Cider Vinegar with water. Take equal parts of vinegar and water and mix it well. Rub it gently on your scalp using a cotton swab. Wash it off with plain water.
Image Source: howtogetridofoilyskin
Apart from these tips, you can also keep dandruff at the bay by maintaining proper hygiene of your scalp. Use a mild shampoo, one which doesn’t strip of the natural oils from your scalp.