Periods wouldn’t have been a problem if the word “pain” was not associated with it. If it would have been just about bleeding for 7 days through the vagina, trust me, no girl would have cringed about it. It is the cramps and the pain that makes it worse. Some might say that women exaggerate over this whole menstruation thing, but that’s not true. The women dealing with this harrowing condition each month are the only ones who can actually know what it is like.
If you are one such girl or you know a girl who is dealing with a similar condition, then this article might help you. Though there are no permanent ways to get relief from menstrual cramps, regular exercising can decrease the intensity of the same to a great extent. Here are some of the exercise that you can perform even during your periods to keep menstrual cramps at bay.
1. Walking- If you experience excruciating pain during periods then it is very important for you to choose the right kind of exercises for you. If the experts are to be believed, then walking is one of the safest mode of exercise for women during their periods. Walking gets your heart rate pumped up, get all your muscles worked up that too without pushing the body to extreme limits. Morning walks are great for you if you experience pain during your periods. Just 30 minutes of brisk walking is enough to keep you fit.
Image Source: competitor
2. Dancing- If you think walking is too boring for you and you want to do something fun, then you can opt for dancing. Dancing is also like a workout but it has no rules to it. so, you can customize it according to your preference. If you are more into the western dance form you can try that. If you love Indian classical then you can opt for that as well. but it would be better if you keep dancing reserved for the later days during your period.
Image Source: grouponcdn
3. Yoga- If you are not an exercise person and yoga is more your thing then you can opt for yoga instead. There are several yoga poses which are especially beneficial for period cramps. The yoga poses you opt for also depends on your level of flexibility and comfort. Whichever poses you choose, make sure that it does not exert extra pressure on your body.
Image Source: healthfitnessindia
4. Planking- Planking is an intense form of workout. You barely move your body while doing this exercise. But at the end of it, you will be dead tired. Planking involves holding your body in one position supporting it just on your hands and feet. This exercise targets your arms, shoulders, core and legs, which means it is a complete workout in itself.
Image Source: charmspandorasales
Also Read: 5 Effective Tips To Avoid Painful Periods
5. Zumba- Zumba is the recent fads in the exercise market. Well, it is not exactly new but in India, it started gaining popularity during the recent years. Zumba is a combination of dance moves and various exercises combined in one. It is more of a dance form which helps you lose weight and stay fit while you are swaying at the beats of the music. Once you get into the mood you will forget all about your cramps and the moves will ease out your muscles thus relieving pain eventually.