Weight loss is tricky. Sometimes things may just not work as you plan them to be or how they worked for someone else. Sometimes the tricks which are meant to help you in losing weight may make you put on extra weight. Thus you need to have a thorough knowledge before you decide to try any of these. Today we are going to share with you some of the most common diet mistakes you are probably making right now which are stopping you from losing weight.
1. Eating six mini meals- Though a lot of dieticians recommend this, but then let’s be real it is not possible for anyone to eat six meals a day. With our hectic lives, we can hardly manage to eat 2-3 meals a day. So there is no way you can find out the time to eat six meals a day. Apart from that when we talk about six mini meals, the portion plays a big role in that and this is where most of the people mess it up. They confuse 6 mini meals with six regular meals and end up eating more than what they should be. A better alternative to these six mini meals a day diet is three regular meals accompanied with fruits or nuts as snacks in between diet.
Image Source: beauty-journal
2. Adding too much dressing to the salad- Salads are a great addition to your diet if you are on a diet or not. If you are on a diet, then salads are a great way to fill you up and provide you with the needed nutrients and energy. But a lot of people do this mistake of adding too much dressing to their salads which instantly increases the calorie content of the salad. Salad dressings which are very creamy and heavy can add up to more calories. Always use salad dressings which are very light and are prepared from lemon juice, vinegar, olive oil, etc. Avoid adding extra salt to your salad as well.
Image Source: natashaskitchen
3. Too much nutrition- No, we are not talking about the fresh fruits and vegetables, but we are talking about the protein supplements and bars. Though these may provide you with instant energy but they are not a very healthy option. In fact, when we talk about processed food items, protein supplements top this list. You may consider it healthy but it is a processed for of protein. The protein bars which a lot of fitness crazy people swear by are also nothing but concentrated sugar and carbs packed into one bar. A better alternative to these are almonds, walnuts, roasted chickpeas, oranges and carrots. These not only provide you with the much-needed energy but they also fill you up.
Image Source: foxnews
4. Diet drinks- For many people energy drinks are the ultimate source of energy as they can avoid the calories by not eating that much but can still get the required energy. But research has revealed that these diet drinks don’t help much when it comes to weight loss. You may be putting lesser calories in your body but these energy drinks may create cravings for sugar and junk food. Having too much of these drinks may also lead to weight gain as well as heart problems. Swap these drinks with better alternatives such as green tea, coconut and fresh vegetable juices. These alternatives are loaded with nutrients and antioxidants which are good for your well-being and also aids in weight loss.
Image Source: usnews
5. Unrealistic goals- You are very much aware of the reality so don’t run away from it. You know where your body stand and you are very much aware of your capability and ability when it comes to weight loss. So if you want to be consistent with your weight loss always stick with realistic goals. Setting unrealistic goals may disappoint you if you fail to achieve them. Avoid looking at pictures of fitness models and compare your body to them. Looking at them as an inspiration is fine but don’t get demotivated looking at them. This is their job so don’t compare yourself. The best way to stay motivated is to set realistic goals and sticking to them till you reach your desired goal.