I would firstly like to mention that I’m not demeaning the dusky complexion or saying that dusky complexion is not charming. This article is purely for introducing you to methods to remove tan from the face. Tan is the darkening of the skin caused by over-exposure to the sun. These DIY homemade scrubs are meant for removing tan not for enhancing your complexion.
These DIY scrubs help get rid of the dead skin cells and the tanned skin while protecting the skin from the further damage. These scrubs are for all skin type and tone and once again, they are not meant for enhancing your complexion.
Here are some tan-removal scrub recipes which you can easily implement at your home and use for magical results.
1. Sugar and Lemon Scrub: This is one of the coolest tan removal scrubs. This can be prepared easily at home in no time. It has sugar whose coarse granules get rid of the dead skin cells and lemon which feeds the skin with Vitamin C. All you need is half a lemon and tablespoon of sugar. You can simply use half of the lemon on your face. Take a half-cut lemon and dip it into the sugar granules. To make the granules a bit gentler on your skin, you can grind the sugar in a grinder. Rub the half lemon with sugar granules on your face in circular motions. Repeat this procedure every day until you get the soft and glowy skin.
Image Source: emilyfranceschini
2. Sandalwood and Haldi Scrub: This is yet another effect way to get rid of tan at home. You can use 3 tbsp. of sandalwood powder with a dash of haldi. Add some milk to it and mix the contents thoroughly. Apply this paste over the sun-exposed parts and leave it as such till it dries. Sandalwood has the cooling and soothing effect on our skin which helps in getting rid of tanned skin cells. Haldi has excellent anti-microbial and skin lightening properties. Whole milk has the essential proteins to nourish your skin and the malic acid to detan the skin.
Image Source: blogspot
3. Honey and Camphor Scrub: This is an age old remedy to get rid of tan in no time. This recipe involves a tablespoon of honey, 3 tbsp. of rose water, half tablespoon of ground camphor and a pinch of Haldi. Take a lemon and cut it in half. Take the half-cut lemon and dip it into the mixture made from the ingredients mentioned above. Rub the lemon on your face while dipping it again and again in the mixture. Do this trick daily to get immediate results.
Image Source: rudraksha-ratna
4. Tomatoes Scrub: Tomatoes have excellent anti-tan properties and due to this amazing property they have been famous since ages. It helps to get rid of the tan from the skin. The acids, tannins and the antioxidants found in tomatoes have the magical effect on the tanned skin. And this scrub is rather easy to use. Just cut a tomato into halves and take one-half. Rub the piece of tomato on your skin using a circular motion. Rub the tomato and leave it for half an hour for your skin until the juices dries up. Repeat the procedure twice daily to get significant results. You can do this trick immediately after coming home from the sun.
Image Source: shashabread
5. Honey and Papaya Packs: Papaya and honey, both are amazing when it comes to tan removal. You would just need a papaya and two tablespoons of honey. Take some papaya pulp and mash it properly using your hands. Add two tablespoons of honey to this paste and mix it well to get a consistent paste. Apply this freshly made paste of your tanned skin. Leave it as such until it dries out. Wash the face with cold water. Repeat this procedure thrice a week to get amazing results.
Image Source: wordpress
We hope that this summer you will find our homemade easy De-tan packs handy. But apart from these homemade face packs, one thing you should keep in your mind is that never step out without a sunscreen. Find a suitable sunscreen for your skin and make it a habit to never leave the home without wearing it.