The food that we eat plays a major role in deciding our hygiene and health. Many people have this misconception that the non-vegetarian food eaters can only access proteins and fats from the foods like chicken, fish or mutton. But in real this is nothing more than a myth as one can have a balanced diet with vegetarian foods too. In fact, it has been observed that the more number of cases of obesity are seen in the case of non- vegetarians.
In fact, the benefits of Vegetarian Diet are less Cholesterol, reduces high blood pressure and there are lesser calories in Vegetarian Diet too. Above all these the major benefit of the Vegetarian foods is that, they help in reducing weight. If you are a non- vegetarian and looking forward to lose weight, then you must shift to vegetarian foods. For the hardcore meat eaters, it will be a little difficult to shift to mere vegetables and fruits at first. So, it is suggested to start it slow and once the body starts adapting the vegetarian foods, then start with a complete food menu that comprises of only vegetarian foods. Some foods that are best in reducing weight are discussed below:
1. Leafy Vegetables: The dark green leafy foods are rich in minerals, vitamins, proteins, phytonutrients, fibres and antioxidants. Leafy Vegies like Spinach, Parsley, and Broccoli etc. contain fewer calories and thus, they reduce the level of fats too in our body.
Image Source: institutefornaturalhealing
2. Soy Products: The source of proteins for Non- Vegetarian eaters are fish and chicken which can be incorporated by the consumption of Soya Products in our diet. The food items made from Soy are rich in nutrients, proteins, and fibres. These products are Soybeans, Kidney beans, Lentils, Chickpeas, Baked Beans or Black Beans reduce our appetite and enhance the metabolism rate thus aiding in weight loss.
Image Source: aqua4balance
3. Cereals & Grains: The Cereals and grains like Muesli, Whole Wheat Bread, Oats, Brown Rice, Barley, Semolina and Porridge are a great source of iron and zinc. These food items provide us ample energy and thus aid in reducing the weight of the body.
Image Source: neu-skin
4. Fruits: Fruits along with their zillion benefits are very helpful in reducing the weight too. Richness in Fibber, minerals, vitamins, antioxidants and fewer calories simply add to their weight reducing ability. In addition to all this, they also lower the blood pressure level along with enhancing the metabolism rate of the body. The fruits rich like Watermelon, Apple, Muskmelon, Berries, Orange, Papaya and Apple are rich in water content and thus, should be consumed in good amounts.
Image Source: ytimg
5. Nuts & Seeds: The nuts and seeds are too rich in vitamins, minerals, proteins, fibre and fatty acids. Almonds, Nuts, Peanuts, Pumpkin Seeds, Sunflower Seeds, and Walnuts are helpful in reducing the cholesterol levels too. In addition to it, these foods are rich in omega- 3 fatty acids as well as thus should be made part of our everyday diet.