Nowadays, people are really concerned about their fitness and health. And for this reason, many of them have started switching to a healthy lifestyle. But, at a certain point, we are sure that you might start feeling bored with drinking regular healthy drinks like green tea or black tea. So, today we thought of sharing some health benefits of blue tea.
But, before we discuss the various benefits of blue tea, let’s know more about it.
It is basically derived from a South East Asian plant, Clitoria ternatea which is free from caffeine and has a number of health benefits. The tea is prepared from the butterfly pea flowers, which is also used in cooking and as a medicine for treating eye diseases and inflammation.
Properties of blue tea :
• It has the ability to increase your metabolism and burn fat naturally.
• It also increases hepatic metabolism which helps in lowering the cholesterol.
• It also helps in cleansing your arteries and improves blood circulation, thereby, reducing the chances of cardiovascular problems.
• It also prevents fatty liver diseases.
Benefits of blue tea :
1. Anti-aging properties
It is best known for its anti-glycation properties which can slow the process of aging. Plus, the flavonoids present in the tea boost the collagen production which improves the elasticity of the skin.
2. Lowers the risk of cancer
The blue pea flower is considered the best source of antioxidants which can reduce the damage caused to the cells. And drinking this tea on a regular basis can help in preventing all types of cancer.
3. Keeps your skin and hair healthy
Blue tea contains antioxidants that are great for your hair and skin. It also contains several minerals and vitamins which can make your hair and skin look great and keeps your skin youthful.
4. Treats depression and anxiety
According to various studies, blue tea can help in relieving stress and reduces the symptoms of anxiety disorder. So, try to drink this tea on a regular basis to boost your mood.
5. Improves brain function and memory
According to a study, blue pea flowers can help in improving brain function and memory as it increases acetylcholine. Acetylcholine is basically a chemical which is essential for communication in the brain, and when you start to age, the brain stops producing this chemical. So, it is suggested that you should consume this tea on a regular basis.
6. Anti-diabetic properties
Drinking blue tea in between the meals can help in regulating glucose intake and lower the blood sugar levels. According to a study, it was also found that the intake of this tea can also lower the risk of infections caused because of diabetes. So, try to include this tea in your diet to improve your health.
So, these were the few health benefits of blue tea.
Now, some blue tea benefits for weight loss
• According to a study, blue tea has a perfect combination of caffeine which triggers the body to burn more calories by eliminating the liquids from your body.
• The polyphenols present in this tea reduces the chances of getting diabetes.
• It also contains plenty of catechins which help in increasing oxidation, metabolism and thermogenic levels which has a fat burning effect on your body.
And finally, how to prepare blue tea:
• First, boil a cup of hot water.
• Now, add 1 teaspoon of blue tea leaves to the water.
• Then, allow it to boil for 3 minutes.