Even the most determined people can fall on their knees when sudden hunger pangs make their way. When we are hungry a majority of the time our body will crave for unhealthy and junk food. You can often find yourself craving for a juicy fat burger or a cheese-loaded pizza. If you are on the mission of losing weight or surviving on a healthy diet but you always end up succumbing to hunger pangs then you need to tighten up your seat belt a little. In order to curb those hunger pangs, follow the steps we have mentioned below.
1. Start your day with a healthy breakfast- There is a reason why breakfast is considered as the most important meal of the day. Your breakfast sets the tone for the day, which is about to follow. So when you skip your breakfast or eat something which is inappropriate for the breakfast your body keeps craving for food throughout the day. On the other hand, when you eat a healthy breakfast which is full of protein and fibre your body feels fuller and satisfied and thus craves fewer foods or does not feel hungry too often. Oats, eggs and fruits are considered some the essential components which must be the part of a healthy breakfast so as to keep your body pumped up throughout the day.
Image Source: netdna-cdn
2. Swap your coffee with apples- For so many people coffee actually works as their morning alarm. But what if I tell you that an apple can do the same for you along with the added benefits. The apple will not only wake you up but also fill up your stomach. When you are full the chances of indulging in unhealthy coffee accompaniments such as biscuits or cookies are much less. If you are suffering from constipation then apples can provide you a lot of relief. Apples can help you in regulating your bowel movements considerably.
3. Decide if you are actually hungry- Before you grab onto that box of snacks, try to figure out if you are actually hungry or is it just out of boredom. You may not be aware of it, but a lot of times people get confused with the two. Boredom can lead to binge eating. Sometimes your body is craving sugar and you just need to fix that, which again leads to eating without hunger. So, the only way is to keep a check on if you are actually feeling hungry or just trying to kill boredom.
Image Source: co
4. Eat 5-6 small meals- Instead of eating 3 big meals split your daily intake of food into 6 small meals at regular time interval. When you are eating something regularly, then you are not going to feel hungry or crave food that often. Eating this way your body is continuously getting food with no chance to crave for it.
Image Source: truemeals
5. Drink lots of water- The best way to trick your body and mind to think that it is full is by drinking lots of water. The water will take up all the space in your stomach, making it feel full for some time. Though this method works, but this does not mean that you have to starve yourself. Make sure to eat healthy food items and just use this method to cut down on the unnecessary cravings and hunger pangs.
Image Source: qminmagazine
6. Know your appetite- No one is asking you to let go off all your cravings but the key here is not to overdo. If you are craving for chocolate or pizza, go ahead and have a piece or two to subside your craving. But when you gobble the whole chocolate bar or the pizza, then it is bad. So many times we continue eating without paying any attention to our appetite. A better idea is to eat till the time your hunger subside instead of eating till you feel stuffed.
Image Source: imbiz
7. Eat healthy- If you want to reduce the frequency of hunger pangs then you have to keep a check on the sweet and fatty food items. Such food is mostly an empty with calories, which means that these have almost zero nutritional value and are just high on calories. Such foods can lower down your metabolism and make you feel lethargic for the whole day. Plus, they make you feel full for a very small duration of time. So if you are trying to lose weight or maintain your diet, make sure to slowly get such food items out of your life and switch to healthier options available out there.