There was a time when the beauty standards and concepts were so much simpler and uncomplicated as compared to the modern time. In the present scenario, cosmetics surgeries have become a normal thing. The young crowd often looks up to their favourite celebrities and set their beauty standards accordingly, which is just absurd. What these young people don’t understand that their favourite celebrities spend a huge sum of money in getting several cosmetic treatments which make them look a certain way.
Image Source: pakistantribe
You want to get whiter teeth, better complexion, long hair and getting them done at salons or cosmetic centres seem like the perfect thing. But these treatments are not meant for everyone as these are exorbitantly pricey. But don’t worry, there are several inexpensive treatments which will give you the exact same results that too at the comfort of your home. In fact, you can find a lot of these ingredients lying in your pantry at this very moment.
There are several ingredients which can help you achieve better hair, skin, etc. without spending a lot. Not only these ingredients will save you a lot of money, but there are no chances of any side effects. Read on to know more about these ingredients.
1. Eggs- Dealing with oily skin is no less than a pain. So if you have oily skin don’t feel alone we are with you. One of the things that can really help you in combating with your oily skin is egg whites. When applied regularly on your face, egg whites can reduce the production of sebum considerably. All you need to do is separate the egg white from the yolk, whisk it and apply it all over your face and neck. Let it dry and wash it off with plain water.
2. Baking Soda- Baking soda is one of the best physical exfoliants that you can lay your hands on. It is 100% natural and is even perfect to be used on even on the most sensitive skin. The baking soda particles are so small that they just mimic a Microdermabrasion treatment. It gets rid of even the deepest rooted blackheads while being gentle on the skin. You can either make a paste of water and baking soda and use it as a scrub or you can directly apply the baking soda on your damp face.
3. Lemon and Curd- If you are suffering from dandruff then don’t even think of using the harsh chemical loaded anti-dandruff shampoos that you get in the market. I am saying so because one of the best and 100% natural remedy is present in your kitchen right now. Lemon and curd when combined together works really well to get rid of dandruff. The exfoliating nature of the lemon helps in getting rid of the dead skin cells while the curd help in moisturizing the scalp.
4. Toothpaste- Apart from keeping your teeth clean and healthy, you can also use your toothpaste to treat mild acne or untimely zits. A lot of people swear by this trick. All you need to do is dab a tiny amount of toothpaste on your pimple and leave it overnight. The cooling nature of the toothpaste will reduce the inflammation and redness of the pimple thus reducing its appearance. But make sure not to use gel-based toothpaste.
5. Lemon and Baking Soda- Some food items can stain your teeth over a period of time making them appear yellow. If you want to get back your pearly whites, then no need to spend thousands of rupees in getting expensive dental treatments as a mixture of lemon juice and baking soda works just as fine. Combine some lemon juice and baking soda to make a paste and apply it on your teeth. Let it stay on your teeth for 5 minutes and rinse your mouth. You can brush your teeth normally after this.
6. Baby Powder- Oily scalp means you have to wash your hair every other day which can be a pain. But maybe this little trick can come handy for you. On days when your hair feels oily and you don’t want to wash your hair, you can simply dust some baby powder onto your roots and massage it into the scalp. The baby powder will absorb the excess oil and your hair will look as if they were washed just a day before.
7. Butter- If you are dealing with dry lips and even if lip balms are totally ineffective in treating your dry and chapped lips then you must try butter instead. Try applying a thick layer of butter on your lips every day in order to treat chapped lips.
8. Avocado- Avocados are very moisturizing in nature and can be used as a moisturizing hair mask. Avocados are loaded with healthy fats, which are great for nourishing your hair shaft. Take a ripe avocado and extract the pulp from it. Mash the pulp well and apply it all over your scalp and hair. Leave it on for 20-30 minutes and then wash it off with your shampoo.