It’s a myth that you cannot get abs or good physique in or after your 40s. Though a person is busy with personal and professional affairs, he just needs the motivation and time for transformation. If you have a great physique along with abs, it means you got the cherry on the cake. People find it difficult to have both of these because they become more sloth. Though there is workout program for abs after 40, only workout is not enough. You should have a strong mindset and need to follow the healthy diet to get rid of belly fat and to have abs.
Also read- 7 Reasons Why You’re Gaining Belly Fat
1. Ab Wheel Roll Out
Image Source: treenikauppa
To use abs roller, place a mat under you and get down on your knees. The floor or place should be flat or unobstructed.
• Get down on your knees.
• Grab the abs roller firmly with both the hands.
• Move the abs roller in the forward direction.
• Contract your abs muscle while going forward.
• Try to go as far to the position from where you can pull yourself back.
• Try to hold the position for 3-4 seconds.
• Pull yourself to the starting position.
2. Swiss Ball Crunch
Image Source: ooyala
Before performing this exercise, check the ball. It should be properly inflated, otherwise you won’t be able to get the maximum benefit from the exercise.
• Lay your back on the wall and put your feet firmly on the ground.
• Place your hands on either side of your head.
• Outstretch your upper body in the upward direction.
• Curl your abs while coming back.
• Do at least 20 reps in one set.
3. RKC Plank
Image Source: pinimg
RKC Planks could be done in any session or workout program and has immensely affected the abdominal area to obtain the abs after 40. Perform this on the mat for the firm grip.
• Assume yourself in a plank position and push yourself from your forearms.
• Form a slight arc from the upper back and it will end on your feet.
• Tighten your glute and quad muscles tightly.
• If your muscles start to shake, it’s working.
• Try to hold the position for at least one minute.
• Take a 30-second break and do it again.
4. Side Plank
Image Source: yurielkaim
Side plank helps you have side abs and you can include it in any session or workout program. For side plank, you just need a mat.
• Place your forearm on the ground and the shoulder should be in-line with your elbow.
• Place your leg on the side and put one on another.
• Lift your hip from the floor and make sure that your body should be in line.
• Try to sustain the position for at least a minute.
• Come down and relax for 30 seconds.
• Again, do the same.
5. Lying Leg Raise
For this, you need to lie on a bed, bench or flat floor and slowly perform the act. To reap out the maximum benefit of this exercise, you need to master the technique.
• Lie down on the floor and join both the legs.
• Raise both the legs together and try to give stress on the pelvis.
• Slowly lower your legs.
• Repeat the act for 15-20 times in a set.
Though there are lot of foods which also help you to lose belly fat and achieve abs, if you are in 40s and want to get abs, you should opt for these exercises. These will certainly help you and you can see the visible result in a couple of months.