Chapati is not the only thing that you can prepare from flour. You can also use whole wheat flour to make mouth-watering desserts as well. So today I am going to share with you the recipe of atta or whole wheat flour ladoo which is fairly easy to make and very tasty to eat. The best part is that you need only four ingredients for making this dessert and all the four ingredients are probably lying in your kitchen cabinets right now. So what are you waiting for? Let’s just get straight into the recipe.
- Whole wheat flour- 1 cup
- Sugar- 1/3 cup (powdered/ground)
- Clarified butter/ghee- 1/3 cup
- Almonds- 2-3 tbsp. (chopped)
- Place a kadhai or thick bottomed pan on the flame. Add the flour to the kadhai and start roasting the flour on a low flame.
- In order to roast the flour evenly make sure to stir it several times. When the colour of the flour starts to change and you could start smelling a nutty aroma that’s when the flour is roasted.
- Add the ghee to the flour and mix really well.
- Cook the flour and ghee mixture for 3-5 minutes while stirring continuously.
- Taste some of the mixture it is roasted and cooked. The should taste nutty and not raw.
- Turn off the flame and add the sugar. Also, add the chopped almonds and mix well. Make sure there are no lumps and the sugar is well mixed with the flour.
- While the mixture is still hot/warm you must start shaping the ladoos.
- Take some mixture in your hands (depending on the size of ladoos you are trying to make) and give it the round shape of a ladoo by pressing the mixture together in between your palms.
- Prepare all the ladoos in a similar fashion and then store them in an air tight jar.
- Consume them whenever you want to.