I don’t think that there is any sane person who doesn’t love cheese. Cheese is one ingredient that can make anything taste good. It is not only a favourite amongst the kids but adults too are crazy for all the cheese-loaded food items. So keeping that cheese love in mind today I am going to share with you the recipe of fried cheese balls. This one is just a six-ingredient dish, so when I say it is very easy to prepare, you should trust me on that. And without any further due let’s get started with the recipe.
- Potato- 1, large (boiled and grated)
- Cheese- ½ cup (grated)
- Black pepper- ¼ tsp. (crushed)
- Fresh coriander- 2 tbsp. (finely chopped)
- Gram flour/besan- 4 tbsp.
- Salt- ¼ tsp.
- Peel and mash the potatoes in a bowl.
- Now add the grated cheese, crushed pepper and chopped coriander.
- Add the gram flour to the cheese and potato mix. You can also use corn flour in place of gram flour if you want to. but the gram flour gives it a nice taste which the cornflour won’t.
- Add salt to the mixture and mix everything really well to make a uniform mixture.
- Make small balls with the mixture.
- Now heat oil for deep frying in a kadhai. add a little mixture in the kadhai to check if the oil is properly heated. if the mixture instantly comes on the surface the oil is ready for frying.
- Now add the prepared balls in eth hot oil. let the balls get golden and crisp from one side and then flip them on the other side with the help of a slotted spoon.
- Once the cheese balls are cooked take them out on a kitchen paper towel to soak up the excess oil.
- Serve the cheese balls hot with tomato ketchup or your favourite chutney.