This recipe is nothing fancy just the basic chicken spaghetti recipe that you can prepare as a quick and wholesome dinner or lunch. The sauce used in this recipe is a tomato based homemade sauce. If you are a vegetarian, you can swap the chicken with fresh vegetables of your choice and make it a vegetarian version. You can also swap the spaghetti for penne, fusilli or even macaroni. Here is the quick step by step recipe for the chicken spaghetti that you can easily make for your family and friends.
Also Read: Chicken Fry Recipe (Andhra Style)
- Spaghetti pasta- 160 gm
- Chicken thighs or breast- ½ cup (cubed/strips)
- Olive oil- 2-3 tbsp.
- Garlic- 3 cloves (chopped)
- Onion- 1, small (Chopped)
- Tomatoes- 1 ½ cup (deseeded and pureed)
- Chilli flakes- 1 tsp.
- Black pepper- ½ tsp.
- All spice powder- a pinch or two
- Salt- as per taste
- Mixed herbs- as required
- In a large pot, heat 10 cups of water. When the water starts to come to a boil add 1 tsp. Salt to it. Now add the spaghetti pasta and cook it as mentioned on the packet. Usually, spaghetti takes anywhere between 9-12 minutes in order to get cooked.
- After 8-9 minutes, check one noodle to see if it is cooked al dente. It should be cooked from the outside but little chewy on the inside.
- Transfer the pasta to a pasta strainer and get rid of the excess water. But before that remove some pasta water in a glass to add to the pasta sauce later.
- Now heat a pan and add oil to it. Add the chopped garlic and saute until it is fragrant.
- Add the chicken cubes or strips to the pan and season it with salt. Cook the chicken on a medium flame.
- Add the crushed black pepper and the all spice powder to the chicken and cook on a high heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and in the same pan add some more oil. Add the chopped onion and garlic to it. Cook until the onions are golden brown and the garlic is fragrant.
- Now add the tomato puree to the cooked onion and garlic. Cook the sauce until it is cooked. This will take about anywhere between 7-10 minutes on medium flame.
- When the sauce has cooked and thickened add a few tablespoons of the pasta water to the sauce and mix it well. Add the chicken, herbs and the chilli flakes.
- Now add the cooked pasta to the prepared sauce and mix well. Cook for another 2-3 minutes and turn off the flame.
- Serve your chicken spaghetti hot or warm.
Image Source: yummyaddiction
Also Read: Chicken Patties (Cutlet) Recipe