Here is another great appetizer recipe, but a non-vegetarian one. The chicken patties recipe is a no fuss, easy to make appetizer that you can make for parties. The best part is that you can make the patties beforehand and store them in the freezer for a few days. When you have guests come over, just take out the patties from the freezer and fry them. You can also use mutton in place of chicken if you want to. And without any further due let’s get straight into the recipe.
Also Read: How to Make Chicken Tikka in Easy Steps
- Chicken- 300 grams
- Chopped onion- ½ cup
- Potato- 1, medium sized (boiled)
- Green peas- ½ cup (boiled)
- Green chilli- 1, finely chopped
- Ginger garlic paste- 1 ½ tsp.
- Fresh coriander leaves- 2 tbsp. (chopped)
- Garam masala- 1 ½ tsp.
- Breadcrumbs- ½ cup
- Gram flour/besan- ¼ cup
- Egg- 1
- Salt- as per taste
- Oil- for cooking
- Peel and mash the boiled potato and keep it aside.
- Boil the chicken until it is completely cooked. Cool down the chicken and mince it so as to get tiny little pieces of chicken.
- In a bowl add the minced chicken, potato mash, ginger garlic paste, green chilli, garam masala, red chilli powder and the coriander leaves.
- Mix all the ingredients together. slowly add the gram flour to the mixture in order to bind the mixture. The mixture should look like a dough when it is ready.
- Divide the mixture into 12 small portions. Shape them like patties or cutlets and keep aside,
- Now in a bowl, crack and whisk the egg with a little salt. Take out the bread crumbs in another bowl.
- Now dip the patties in egg wash first and then coat it well with the bread crumbs from all the sides. Repeat the same for all the patties. Once the breading is done, keep the patties aside for 15 minutes. This will ensure that the bread crumbs won’t fall off the cutlets.
- Now in a pan, heat some oil. Place 5-6 patties at a time in the pan (depending on the size of the pan) and cook them on a medium flame. Once the patties are golden brown and crisp on one side flip them gently. Cook similarly from the other side as well.
- Remove the patties from the pan and serve them hot with your favourite chutney, sauce or dip.
Image Source: indianyummyrecipes
Also Read: Chicken Korma Recipe