Dhokla is a very famous Gujarati cuisine which is loved by the masses around the globe. It is the healthiest and light snack that one can have during brunch. In this article, we have brought you the recipe of dhokla with a twist. And it’s corn dhokla. Yes, dhokla with the goodness of corn. This simple recipe is prepared with curd, corns, green chili paste and ginger paste which makes it more tempting and lip smacking.
So, let’s get started with the recipe of corn dhokla.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
Also read: Masala Corn Recipe
Ingredients needed for corn dhokla:
• Sweet corn (frozen)- 1 1/4th cup
• Baking powder- 2 teaspoons
• Butter- 1 teaspoon
• Lemon juice- 1/2 teaspoon
• Salt- 1/2 teaspoon
• Yogurt- 1 cup
• Semolina – 2 cup
• Green chilli paste- 1/2 teaspoon
• Ginger paste- 1/2 teaspoon
• Water- as per requirement
• Coriander- for garnish
Also read: Corn Pakoda Recipe
Now, how to make corn dhokla:
• First, keep the frozen corns under water to defrost.
• And then transfer it to a mixer jar with curd and blend them.
• Form a smooth paste and then transfer it to a bowl.
• Now, add ginger paste, salt, semolina, green chilli paste with water in the corn mixture.
• Then, mix all the ingredients well.
• In the meantime, brush the dhokla mould with butter.
• Before transferring the corn mixture in the mould add lemon juice with baking powder.
• After a while you see bubbles.
• Now, transfer the corn mixture in the mould.
• Then, steam it for 20 minutes till it becomes light and spongy.
• Allow the dhokla to cool.
• Remove it and cut it in equal pieces.
• And at last, garnish it with chopped coriander.
• Your corn dhokla is ready to be served.
Try this simple healthy recipe of corn dhokla is ready to be served.