On days when you are not looking forward to cooking an elaborate Indian meal, you can easily make this creamy mushroom pasta. This recipe has everything you want in a properly balanced meal. You get your carbs from the pasta, fat from the butter and fibre, protein and vitamins from the mushrooms. Along with that, you get a taste which is hard to forget and make even the “not so fond of pasta” people its fan.
So without any further due let’s get started with the recipe.
- Pasta- 1 cup (any pasta of your choice)
- Button mushroom- 200 gm
- Onion-1 medium sized (finely chopped)
- Garlic- 2-3 cloves (finely chopped)
- Basil- 1 tsp. (chopped)
- Fresh parsley or coriander- 1 tsp. (finely chopped)
- All-purpose flour- 2 tbsp.
- Milk- 1.5 cup
- Cheese- 2-3 tbsp.
- Salt as per taste
- Black pepper as per taste
- In a big pot, boil some water to cook the pasta. When the water starts to boil add ½ salt to it and then add the pasta. Stir the pasta occasionally so that it doesn’t stick to the bottom. Once the pasta is softened turn off the flame and strain the water from the pasta. Make sure not to overcook the pasta.
- Now rinse the mushrooms and chop them.
- Now in a pan melt the butter and add in the chopped onion and garlic. Cook the onion till it is translucent in colour.
- Now add the chopped mushrooms and cook them on a low flame. The mushrooms will start to release their juices as they start to get cooked. Continue cooking the mushrooms till all the liquid has evaporated.
- Add the all-purpose flour to the cooked mushroom and sauté for 3-4 minutes. The flour will coat the mushrooms and the raw taste of the flour will be gone.
- Now add the milk while continuously stirring the mixture. A thick sauce will start to form. Cook the sauce for about 2 minutes and then add the cooked pasta.
- Stir the pasta really well and cook it for a minute or two.
- Now add the chopped basil, parsley, cheese, salt and pepper to the pasta and stir.
- As soon as the cheese has melted, your pasta is ready to be served.
- Serve the creamy mushroom pasta in individual plates.
- Sprinkle some chilli flakes and pasta seasoning to garnish.