Thanks to the upcoming winters, our skin has already started getting rough and dry. Most of us will now head to our local department stores and will stock up our favourite lotion and body butter depending on how dry your skin is. My skin is extremely dry in winters; thus, I prefer body butter over body lotions. But when compared to body lotions, body butter can be a little expensive and depending on the quantity I use one jar lasts me just one month. Keeping in mind the amount of money I was spending on body butter, I thought why not make it at home. So many times, I come across pins on Pinterest showing different recipes of body butter, but I was always a little skeptical. But a few days back I thought of giving it a try. I mean how bad it could turn out? It will still be ingredients that I can use on my body. Keeping this in mind I started making it and it turned out to be amazing. Today I am going to share with you the same recipe. Just make sure to follow it exactly as I mentioned.
Also Read: How To: Easy DIY Peel-Off Base Coat
- Shea butter + coconut oil- 1 cup
- Almond oil- ¼ cup (You can replace almond oil with olive oil, argan oil or any other oil of your choice)
- Essential oil of your choice
- Melt the shea butter and the coconut oil in a double boiler or in the microwave.
Image Source: cloudfront
- Add the almond oil to this melted concoction.
- Now add the essential oil. You can add any essential oil of your choice.
- Allow the mixture to cool down a bit. Now place the mixture in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes take out from the freezer and whip it with the help of an electric whipper.
Image Source: yinmomyangmom
- Soon the solid mixture will turn into this soft cloud like substance and your homemade body butter is ready.
- Transfer the prepared mixture to a jar and store it in a cool place.
Image Source: wordpress
You can prepare different variations of this body butter by using different types of essential oils.