When it comes to body scrubs you don’t get just as many choices in the market as compared to face scrubs. So if you haven’t already found the perfect body scrub for you why not try these DIY body polishing scrubs which you can easily prepare at home. All you need are some simple ingredients and just 2 minutes. Prepare a fresh batch each time and try a different variant each time.
Today we are going to share with you 4 super simple body polishing scrubs which you can easily prepare at home.
1. Turmeric and sugar- Sugar combined with turmeric is a great body polishing scrub since the sugar particles will help in scrubbing off the dead skin cell making the skin smooth. On the other hand, the antibacterial properties of turmeric will ensure that your skin is free from any allergy or skin ailments.
Image Source: etsystatic
- So for this polishing scrub, you need castor sugar and turmeric powder.
- Mix the sugar and turmeric with milk or water (depending on your skin type) to make a paste.
- In the shower, dampen your body and massage your body with the polishing scrub. Don’t be too harsh.
- wash off the scrub with water. Your body will feel extra smooth and glowing.
2. Honey and oats- If your skin is extra sensitive then you can skip the turmeric and sugar scrub and opt for this honey and oats scrub instead. The antibacterial and skin lightening properties of the honey will get rid of the sun tan and will prevent body acne. The oats will act as a gentle exfoliator and will help in getting rid of the dead skin cells.
Image Source: brit
- For this body polishing scrub, you need few tablespoon honey and oats soaked in water.
- Combine the honey with the soaked oats and some milk to make a scrub. Use it to massage your body.
- Wash it off with water. Use this scrub twice a week to improve the texture of your skin.
3. Cinnamon and milk powder- Cinnamon is loaded with antioxidants and helps in preventing the signs of skin ageing. It effectively reduces the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. The milk powder, on the other hand, helps in exfoliating the skin making it smooth.
Image Source: prevention
- Mix the cinnamon powder, milk powder and water to make a paste.
- Massage your body really well with this body polishing scrub for 2-3 minutes.
- Wash off the scrub with water.
- You might feel a tingling sensation with this scrub because of the presence of cinnamon.
4. Egg whites and sea salt- This one may smell a little funky but the skin related benefits make it a must try body polishing scrub. The egg white helps in skin tightening as well as skin whitening and deep cleaning the pores. The sea salt will help in scrubbing off the dead skin cells and polishing the body.
Image Source: lifemartini
- Whisk one egg white and add the sea salt to it. You can also add some essential oil of your choice if the smell of the egg really bothers you.
- Massage your body with this polishing scrub for a few minutes and then wash it off with water.
- After using this scrub your body will feel a little tight and very smooth.