Dry veg Manchurian is one of my most favourite Chinese starters. The crispy vegetable balls tossed in the thick fragrant sauce is something totally addictive. I can probably devour 2-3 servings of this delectable starter in just one go. Most of the times you would order these when you go to the restaurant, but you can also make this at home easily whenever you want. Why wait for a restaurant visit to eat this yummy starter?
So without any further due let’s get started with the recipe.
Also Read: Veg Manchurian Gravy Recipe
Cabbage- ½ cup, grated
Carrot- ½ cup, grated
Capsicum- ¼ cup, finely chopped
French beans- ¼ cup, finely chopped
Spring onions- ¼ cup, finely chopped
Corn flour- 2 tbsp.
All-purpose flour/maida- 2 tbsp.
Black pepper- ½ tsp.
Salt- ½ tsp. or as per taste
Oil- for frying
For the sauce:
- Garlic- ½ tbsp. (finely chopped)
- Ginger- ½ tbsp. (finely chopped)
- Green chilli- 1-2
- Spring onions- ¼ cup
- Soy sauce- ½ tbsp.
- Ketchup- 1 tbsp.
- Red chilli sauce- 1 tsp.
- Corn flour- ¼ tsp.
- Black pepper- ¼ tsp.
- White vinegar- ½ tsp.
- Sesame oil- ½ tbsp.
- Salt- as per taste
- In a bowl, take all the vegetables. Add the corn flour, all-purpose flour, black pepper and salt to the vegetables. Mix all the ingredients really well to get a dough like consistency.
- Now take a small amount of mixture and roll it between your palms to make a small ball. Repeat the same process with all the mixture and keep it aside.
- Now heat oil in a kadhai. Drop a small amount of the vegetable mixture in the oil to check if the oil is hot enough. If the mixture comes to the surface and you could see the mixture getting cooked evenly.
- Now slowly add the Manchurian balls to the oil and fry them evenly from all the sides. When the balls are crisp and golden brown from all the sides, remove them from the oil and place on a paper towel to drain the excess oil.
- Prepare all the balls in a similar manner.
- To prepare the sauce, in a frying pan heat the sesame oil (or regular oil if you don’t have sesame oil).
- When the oil is hot enough add the chopped garlic, ginger and green chillies. Sauté all the three ingredients on a low flame for a minute or so.
- Now add the chopped green onions and cook until translucent.
- Now add the soy sauce, chilli sauce and tomato ketchup. Stir the sauces to ensure that all the ingredients are well combined.
- Now add the cornflour to the sauce and mix really well. This will give the sauce a thick consistency so that it can coat the vegetable balls really well.
- Now add the salt and pepper to the sauce and stir.
- Add the vegetable balls to the sauce and toss them in the thick sauce so that the balls are evenly coated with it.
- Add the vinegar and toss the balls again.
- Serve the dry veg Manchurian hot.
Image Source: ytimg
Also Read: How to Make: Paneer Manchurian