Anything that is made with chocolate is ought to taste amazing and this easy eggless chocolate mousse recipe is no different. All you need is 5 ingredients and you can make one of the most delectable desserts that are known to the mankind. Yes, it is that good. So let’s not waste any time further and get started with the recipe.
Dark chocolate- 2 cups
Golden syrup- 1 ½ tbsp.
Pomegranate juice- 1 ½ tbsp.
Heavy cream- 1 cup
Toppings- chopped fruits, Choco chips, etc.
- Heat water in a pan and place a bowl over the boiling water pan to create a double boiler.
- Add the chopped chocolate, golden syrup and pomegranate juice in the bowl. Just heat the contents in the bowl until the chocolate has melted. Remove the bowl from the boiler and keep it aside to cool down.
- In another bowl, take the cream and start whipping it. Make sure the cream is chilled. Whip it until you see soft peaks forming.
- Now add 1/3 of the cream into the melted chocolate mixture and mix. Now add the remaining whipped cream and fold it into the chocolate mixture gently. You don’t want to knock out the air from the cream otherwise, you won’t be able to get the light and airy texture of the mousse.
- When the chocolate is evenly combined with the cream, transfer the prepared mousse into individual serving bowls or glasses.
- Place the mousse in the refrigerator for 5-6 hours or even overnight of possible.
- Before serving the mousse garnish it with chopped fruits, choco chips or any toppings of your choice.
- Serve it chilled.