Shrikhand is a simple dessert recipe made with hung curd, sugar and some aromatic spices. No one could have ever thought that something so delicious can be prepared with just a few basic ingredients and that too in just 10 minutes. If you have never had shrikhand then it is time to whip up a batch right now and share it with your family and friends.
So without wasting any time let’s get started with the recipe.
- Hung curd- 400 gm (chilled)
- Cardamom powder- ¼ tsp.
- Nutmeg powder- 2-3 pinches
- Castor sugar/powdered sugar- ½ cup
- Milk- 1 tbsp.
- Saffron- a pinch
- Mixed dry fruits for garnishing (chopped/sliced)
- Warm up the milk in a small bowl and add the saffron strand to it. Keep aside and let it soak.
- Now in another bowl add the chilled hung curd and whisk it.
- Now add the castor/powdered sugar to the yogurt. You can increase or decrease the amount of sugar according to your taste.
- Now whisk the yogurt again so that the sugar is well combined with the curd. The consistency of the curd should be very smooth and silky without any lumps.
- Now add the soaked saffron milk, cardamom powder and the nutmeg powder to the curd and mix well.
- Now cover the bowl and place it in the refrigerator for at least an hour. You can also keep it overnight so that the flavours get mingled with each other really well.
- Before serving the shrikhand sprinkle some chopped/sliced dry fruits on top.
- Serve the shrikhand chilled to your family and friends in individual serving bowls.