Post Diwali the Delhi-NCR region has been covered with a thick blanket of harmful smog. Not only the roads but you could also see the smog inside the houses as well. Though there is not much that you can do to reduce the smog outside your house, but the air inside your house can be purified easily. There are a number of indoor plants that you can keep inside your house. The speciality of these houseplants is that these are a better than other plants when it comes to purifying the air. Here are the six plants which you can keep at your house and get clean breathable air in the house.
Also Read: 10 Ayurvedic Hacks to Fight DelhiÂ’s Killer Air Pollution
1. Aloe Vera- Aloe vera has great health-related benefits and most of us are aware of that. But along with that keeping an aloe vera plant at your home can purify the air to a great extent. The aloe vera plant absorbs the carbon dioxide, carbon mono oxide and formaldehyde from the air making it safe to breathe in. In fact, just one aloe vera plant can work as efficiently as 9 air purifiers. Plus, you can use the aloe vera gel for getting a glowing skin as well.
Image Source: amazonaws
2. Ficus Elastica (Rubber Plant)- The good thing about this plant is that it does not need a lot of light and you can maintain it easily. It is known to clean the air of any formaldehyde, thus making it breathable. But one important piece of advice is to not keep this plant if you have small children and pets at home. This is because the leaves of the plant are poisonous.
Image Source: costafarms
3. Ivy- This one is also a great choice if you want to breathe in the clean air. Getting this plant home will get the air in your house much cleaner. The plant is believed to get rid of 60% of the toxins and 58% of the faeces particles present in the air just after 6 hours after getting it in the house.
Image Source: alicdn
4. Spider Plant- This plant is known to perform photosynthesis in even very less light. It can absorb toxins like carbon dioxide, formaldehyde, styrene and gasoline from the air. You can understand its effectivity with the fact that only one spider plant is enough to clean the air in a 200 sq. m area.
Image Source: thespiritscience
5. Snake Plant- The snake plant is very much similar to the spider plant since the snake plant can also perform photosynthesis under very less light as well. This feature makes it an ideal plant for your house. It an amazing plant to keep at your home since it releases oxygen during night time.
Image Source: blogspot
6. Peace Lilies- Peace lilies are not just beautiful to look at, but they do some serious work when it comes to cleaning the air. If reports from NASA are to be believed, then 15-18 plants of peace lilies can purify the area of 500 sq. m. you can place it as a decoration in the house and it will keep the air clean without actually doing anything.