Oats are one of the healthiest food options available. Most of the people prefer to have it for breakfast. But when it comes to its preparation there are not a lot of variations to cook it. Either you can prepare it with milk and sugar or you make it savoury by adding Indian spices. Now, no matter how much you love eating it you may get bored easily when you have just 2-3 cooking variation. So today we have come up with a very intelligent way to transform your monotonous breakfast into an exciting and tastier affair.
Today we are going to share with you the recipe of oats uttapam. So without any further due let’s get started with the recipe.
- Oats- ½ cup
- Rava/ sooji- ¼ cup (fine)
- Gram flour/besan- ½ cup
- Water- ¾ cup or as required
- Lemon juice- 1 tbsp.
- Baking soda- 1/8 tsp.
- Salt to taste
- Onion- 1 (thinly sliced or finely chopped)
- Tomato- 1 (thinly sliced or finely chopped)
- Capsicum- 1 small (chopped)
- Green chilli- 1 or 2 (finely chopped)
- Fresh coriander- 2-3 tbsp. (finely chopped)
- Oil for cooking
- Grind the oats in a grinder and make a fine powder. Take out the ground oats in a big bowl.
- Add the rava/sooji and the gram flour/besan to the ground oats and mix well. Add salt to taste.
- Now start adding the water slowly. Stir the mixture continuously and make sure that there are no lumps in the batter.
- Cover the bowl and let the mixture rest for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes the batter will get a thicker. You can add some more water to get the right consistency. You need a batter which is neither too thick nor too runny.
- Add 1 tbsp. lemon juice to the batter and mix well. Add the baking soda as well.
- Heat a non-stick pan on a medium flame. Once the pan has warmed up, lower the flame. Now pour a ladle full of batter on the pan and gently swirl the pan so that the batter is spread evenly on the pan.
- spread the chopped vegetables on the uttapam and press them lightly with the spatula.
- Add a few drops of oil on the uttapam and let it cook on one side.
- Once the sides of the uttapam start to get golden brown it is time to flip it and cook it from the other side. Let the vegetables caramelize a little.
- Remove from the pan and serve it with coconut chutney.