The dirt, pollution, grime, sun and stress, all combined together can take a toll on your skin. You may not be able to see the ill-effects, but the signs will start showing up over time. The sun makes your skin dehydrated and causes wrinkles and fine lines. All these things together may also cause blackheads, whiteheads and eventually pimples. Thus, it is very important to follow a definite facial routine which is meant for you.
1. In your 20’s- When you are entering your 20’s, your skin is most probably clearing up from the teenage acne that you might had during your teen years. Your skin is very young and thus, a monthly visit to the salon for getting a facial clean-up is kind of perfect for you as this will delay the ageing process. Opt for a light and herbal treatment which provides your skin with the required moisture and nourishment. Look for active ingredients such as turmeric, mint leaves, ginger, cucumber, tangerine and honey are the ingredients to look out for.
Image Source: bstatic
2. In your 30’s- Starting from the late 20’s to 30’s is the age when your skin actually starts to change. In your 30’s you must start going for regular facials in order to maintain the sanctity of your skin. The facial will help in rebalancing the hydration and moisture, balance the sebum production and also brightens up your complexion. Go for a facial which involves soothing facial massage as it will help in relieving tension build-up. The scrubbing will get rid of the dead skin cells and will get give your skin a smooth finish. Make sure to follow up this step with a hydrating mask to add some moisture to your skin.
Image Source: netdna-cdn
3. In your 40’s and above- If you are in your 40’s then your skin is very matured and need extra care and attention as compared to your 20’s and 30’s. When in your 40’s and above you must start going for more elaborate facials which emphasize mainly on skin tightening and infusing the skin with active ingredients to improve the cell regeneration and collagen production. You can go for chemical peel of alpha hydroxyl acid or you can also go for laser resurfacing in order to get rid of the wrinkles and fine lines.
Image Source: garnierusa
Tips to keep in mind:
- There are some ingredients which work absolutely well despite your age. For example, a skin polishing treatment is recommended for everyone in order to get back the shine in your skin.
- Go for de-stressing facial massages, which will not only get rid of the dead skin cells and will rejuvenate the skin.
- Fresh fruit facials along with marigold, rose and jasmine masks are the ones you should always go for. These facials include the use of all natural products and thus are perfect for the young as well as the matured skin.