Chickoo is a fruit which has a very nice taste and texture and it is considered as the favorite fruits of kids. It is very easy to digest and have anti-inflammatory properties that make it so special. Apart from this, it is the best fruit that one can have during the Navratri while fasting. Keeping Navratri vrat in mind we have shared the recipe of chickoo halwa that one can prepare and have it during the nine days of durga pooja.
So, let’s get started.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
Also read: Navratri Special- Makhana Kheer Recipe
Ingredients needed for chickoo halwa:
• Chickoo- 1 kilograms
• Khoya- 200 grams
• Sugar- 150 grams
• Cashews- 10
• Ghee- 2 tablespoons
• Green Cardamom- 5
• Almonds- 8
Also read: Navratri Special: How To Make Mango Mastani
Now, how to make chickoo halwa:
• First, wash all the chickoo and peel them.
• Now, remove all the seeds and cut it into small pieces.
• Then, add all the pieces to the grinder jar and form a paste.
• Take a non-stick and heat it on a medium flame.
• Add 1 tablespoon of ghee to it.
• Once the ghee is hot enough add khoya and cook it till it gets light brown in colour.
• After that, transfer it to another bowl.
• Now, in the same pan again add 1 tablespoon of ghee.
• Then, add the chickoo paste to the pan.
• And cook till it gets thick in consistency.
• Once the paste gets thick, add sugar and cook till it dissolves.
• Now, add the roasted khoya and cardamom powder to the pan.
• Then, add cashews and mix all the ingredients well.
• Stir, the halwa to avoid sticking.
• After a few minutes, you can turn off the flame.
• And then transfer the halwa into the bowl.
• Your chickoo halwa is ready to be served.