Love chicken but can’t stop thinking about mutton as well? We have a perfect solution for this- The Nawabi Pulao, which is as easy to make as delicious it is. Let’s learn how to make this delicious cuisine without wasting any time.
- ½ kg chicken
- 1/4th kg mutton
- ½ kg rice
- 1 cup curd
- 1 cup milk
- 3 onions
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup green peas
- 1 garlic
- 1-inch piece of ginger
- 1 tsp of rose water
- Refined oil for frying
- Salt to taste
How to Make Nawabi Pulao?
- Soak the rice in water for about 10-15 minutes.
- Cook it in a pressure cooker till it is half done. Keep it aside.
- Chop the mutton into cubes. Chop the chicken pieces and boil the eggs.
- Slice the onions and garlic. Grind the ginger and garlic to form a paste.
- Heat some oil in pan. Add the chopped onion and garlic. Fry it till it become translucent.
- Add the chopped chicken and mutton pieces and cook them. Add the spices like turmeric, red chilli powder, coriander powder and Garam masala. Add 3 cups of water and salt to it. Sauté it on medium flame. Cook it until only 1/3rd of water is left. Check the meat for tenderness.
- Add the curd and some ghee. Cook it until the meat absorbs all the curd.
- Add the rose water when the meat is cool.
- Take another wok with a heavy anodised base. Make the alternate layers of the rice and the mixture prepared above like you would do for the biryani.
- Cook it on low heat for 15-20 minutes. Garnish it with onion rings, eggs and boiled green peas.