If you’re a huge eyeliner fan, I guess that’s what made you click on the link to read the blog. I’m an eyeliner fan too! I’ve tried all the types of eyeliners-pencil eyeliners, liquid eyeliner, kohl and gel/cream eyeliner. But believe me, gel eyeliner was the one stop solution to my eye makeup woes. It is not only smooth to glide, but stays intact on the eyes without even a smudge after hours of its application.
But sometimes, I have this feeling in my gut that the gel eyeliner is just overpriced. Spending too many bucks just on eyeliner didn’t seem to be a logical idea to me, so I went for this DIY trick which I found on a YouTube channel. It changed my life completely, so I wanted to share this trick with you people also.
How to Make Gel Eyeliner?
Since I’m so much into applying eyeliner, so one day I had this thought why not make it at home. And that proved to be the best decision I’ve ever made for my makeup regimen. Plus, the ingredients require to do this DIY trick is easily available in any household. SO why not just give it a try? Let’s get started!
Things You’ll Be Needing:
- A black eyeshadow or any colour of your choice.
- A small container to store this DIY product
- An eye primer
- Coconut oil
- A Q-tip
How to Make Your DIY Gel Eyeliner?
- Take a black eyeshadow and scrape some of it a container.
- Add some primer to it and mix it until you get an even consistency.
- Melt some coconut oil and few drops in the mixture.
- Mix the contents thoroughly using a Q-tip. Stir until the contents mix completely.
- There you have it! You are all set to rock your own eyeshadow without spending a penny on it!
Or You Can Try This Alternative Method:
- If you want you can use a kohl pencil of your choice. Hold your kohl pencil in the flame for few seconds till the stick starts coming off. Let it cool down for 10 seconds. And repeat the procedure as above.
- Your DIY gel eyeliner is ready.
Why will you love this DIY gel Eyeliner?
- It gives you ultimate black colour finish
- It remains intact for 6-7 hours straight.
- You can make gel eyeliner of different shades.
- It glides smoothly without cracks and jerks.
Points to remember:
- It is advisable to use the loose eyeshadow to make the eyeliner. But if you have the pressed one, break it down into the powdery texture.
- Use an eye primer which is clear, whose colour doesn’t interfere the intensity of the color of your eyeliner.
- You can also use Vaseline in place of coconut oil.
- It’s better to use matte eyeshadow to avoid the shimmer effect.