Ramzan is a holy month for Muslims when they have fast for the entire day without water and wait for the iftar have a taste of food. After a long day fast we crave for tasty food but we should consider nutritious and healthy food at the same time. When it comes to preparing food for iftar there are a variety of dishes. And one such traditional dish is Yakhni Pulao.
Basically, Yakhni Pulao is a non-vegetarian dish prepared with meat and meat stock. But non-veg is not everyone’s choice. So, we bring you the vegetarian Yakhni Pulao that is prepared with vegetable stock. You can also add paneer to it.
Also Read: Ramadan Special: Qubani Ka Meetha Recipe
Preparing Yakhni Pulao requires a lot of patience. So, be very patient and careful while preparing this dish to enjoy every bit of it.
Check out the recipe to prepare this delicious dish:
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
For vegetable stock:
• Carrot- 1, Sliced
• Onions- 2, Chopped
• Cauliflower- 1 cup
• Nutmeg- 1/4 piece
• Mace- 2 strands
• Black cumin- 1 teaspoon
• Cloves- 4
• Cinnamon sticks- 2
• Green Cardamoms- 4
• Pepper Corn- 2 or 3
• Bay Leaf- 1
• Basmati rice- 1.5 cups (soaked for 30 mins)
• Mint leaves- Handful
• Ginger garlic paste- 1 tablespoon
• Bay leaf- 1
• Pepper corns- Few
• Star anise- 1
• Mace- 1 strand
• Black cumin- 1/2 teaspoon
• Green cardamom- 2
• Green chillies- 2
• Soya chunks- 1/4 cup
• Carrot- 1
• Green Peas- 1/2 cup
• Fried onions- For garnish
• Garam Masala- 1 teaspoon
• Yogurt- 1/2 cup
• Mint and Coriander leaves- For garnish
• Oil- 3 tablespoons
• Salt- according to taste
• Take all the spices for vegetable stock in a muslin cloth and tie it.
• Now put the muslin cloth and other ingredients in the pan.
• Boil it till the vegetables are slightly cooked.
• Now, take the cloth and squeeze out the juice of spices.
• Use the strainer to separate the vegetable and stock.
• Put it in another bowl.
• Take a pan and add oil to it.
• When oil gets hot add all the spices.
• When spices are slightly fried add green chillies, mint leaves and ginger garlic paste for a minute.
• After that add vegetables to the pan and fry them for 3-4 minutes.
• Now, pour 3 cups of vegetable stock to the pan and add salt to it.
• Mix soaked rice with yogurt and add it to the boiling water.
• Add garam masala to the rice and cook it on a low flame till the rice is cooked.
• Later, garnish it with coriander leaves, mint leaves and fried onions.
Your yummy Yakhni Pulao is ready to be served.
Try out this amazing recipe this Ramzan and treat your stomach with this delicious pulao.