Coconut oil is a transparent and fatty oil extracted from the coconut fruit. You can use it for your skin and hair related problems. This is the reason why it is also present in many beauty products these days.
Yeast infection is a condition in which the infected vagina gets red and swollen. One can also experience itching, painful urination and inflammation in the vagina. This problem occurs on a large scale when the hormonal system or immune system is misbalanced.
Image Source: huffingtonpost
Coconut oil contains caprylic acid naturally, which is known for combating infections and preventing its recurrence. The ointments used to treat vaginal yeast infection contains caprylic acid. So you can use coconut oil in place of those ointments to curb infection. You can also consume coconut oil to boost your immune system.
Image Source: blogspot
To curb vaginal yeast infection, have at least 3-5 teaspoons of coconut oil in the morning. you can also add it to your daily food.
Image Source: manrepeller
How Can You Have Coconut Oil in Your Food?
- You can use it on your toast as a butter.
- You can make coconut smoothies or add it to your oats.
- You can drink one teaspoon of coconut oil before having your meal.
You can use coconut oil topically for curbing the infection.
- Clean your infected area thoroughly and apply coconut oil. Use it continuously until the redness is reduced.
- You can mix some cinnamon oil to the coconut oil and apply this mixture on the affected areas.
- You can use the mixture of garlic oil, vitamin E oil and coconut oil on your affected area. Apply it on your vagina until and unless the redness is reduced.
- You should clean your infected area properly before applying coconut oil. Mix 3-4 tablespoon of coconut oil in a 1/4th cup of distilled water. clean your vagina with this mixture until the infection is cleared completely.
- Dip a cotton ball in coconut oil and keep it in your vagina overnight, this will reduce the itching and inflammation in your affected area.
Image Source: imgix
You can get rid of a vaginal yeast infection with the help of something as basic as coconut oil.