If you are looking for alternatives to skin whitening treatments or fairness creams, then you don’t really have to go very far as the perfect skin whitening ingredient is already present in your kitchen. Lemons are one of the best natural ingredients for skin whitening. Below we have mentioned some of the ways in which you can use lemon juice to lighten your skin.
There are several ways in which you can use lemon for skin whitening:
1. Face masks- The best way to use lemon juice for skin whiten9ing is to prepare a face mask with it.
- Lemon face mask for oily skin-While making a face pack for oil skin we have to keep in mind that along with skin whitening we also want to reduce the sebum production and not increase it. Mix 1 tsp. fullers earth with 2 tsp. rose water and 1 tsp. lemon juice. Apply this paste on your face and neck avoiding the eye area. Let the face pack dry for 15 minutes and then wash it off with water.
- Lemon face mask for dry skin- Lemon is very drying in nature, so when using it to treat dry skin we have to make sure that the skin doesn’t get drier. In a small bowl, combine 1 tsp. olive oil with 1 tsp. Each of lemon juice and honey. Mix all the ingredients well and massage this concoction on your face and neck. Leave on the mask for 15 minutes and then wash it off with water.
2. As a facial mist- You can also use lemons as a facial mist. All you have to do is fill a spray bottle with mineral water and add the juice of half a lemon to it. Spritz this water on your face 2-3 times a day. This method is not only very easy but also equally effective. Not only this will help in skin whitening but will also freshen up your skin instantly. You can also add cucumber juice to it for added refreshment.
3. As a facial cleanser- In order to make your own lemon skin whitening cleanser, combine 1 tbsp. powdered milk along with 1 tbsp. honey, 1 tsp. lemon juice and 2-3 drops of your favourite essential oil. Use it as your daily facial cleanser twice a day for best skin whitening results.
4. As an exfoliant- Lemon has naturally occurring exfoliating properties and thus can be used for getting rid of the dead skin cells, dirt and grime. For making lemon exfoliator, combine 2 tbsp. brown sugar, 1 egg white and 1 tsp. lemon juice in a bowl. Use this exfoliator to gently massage your face in circular motions and then wash your face with plain water.
Also Read : Homemade Skin Whitening Remedies
Thing to keep in mind when using lemon for skin whitening:
- Lemon juice is very acidic in nature and thus, it is always a better idea to do a patch test before applying it over a large area. If your skin is already very sensitive or is allergic to lemons, then don’t use them at all.
- Don’t go out in the sun immediately after doing a lemon mask or treatment or with lemon juice on your face as the lemon juice can make your skin photo sensitive towards sunlight. This may create an altering effect on your skin causing discoloration or burns.
- Never apply the lemon juice very close to your eye area as this area is extremely sensitive and may get irritated easily.
- Lemons have naturally occurring astringent properties making them a little too dry for people with dry skin. Thus, if your skin is very dry use lemon juice very sparsely and also make sure to moisturize your skin really well after doing a lemon skin whitening treatment.