Khichdi is considered as one of the healthiest recipes made with lentils and rice. But, today we are going to share a simple suran khichdi recipe with you. This simple and quick recipe is not just healthy but also consumes very less time to get prepared. So, try out this recipe at home and enjoy.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
Ingredients needed for suran khichdi recipe:
- Raw peanuts- 1/2 cup
- Cumin seeds- 1 teaspoon
- Asafoetida- 1 pinch
- Lemon rinds- 2
- Salt- 3 pinch
- Suran- 600 grams
- Green chilies (chopped)- 3
- Coriander leaves (chopped)- 1 handful
Now, how to make suran khichdi:
- First, steam cook suran in a pressure cooker.
- Now, peel off the skin and mash the suran well.
- Then, roast some peanuts.
- After that, grind the peanuts and form a rough powder.
- Take a bowl and mix chopped green chilies with mashed suran, peanuts powder, and salt.
- Now, take a deep bottomed pan and add few drops of oil to it.
- Then, add cumin seeds with a pinch of asafoetida.
- Saute them well and add the suran mixture.
- Mix all the ingredients properly and cook for few minutes over low flame.
- Once cooked, turn off the flame and add lemon juice over the suran khichdi.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves.
- And your suran khichdi is ready.