We all love to wear heels. Some prefer to wear them on a daily basis, while others keep them restricted for special occasions only. The perfect pair of heels can add a lot of character to your entire ensemble as well as your personality. But one thing that is well associated with wearing heels is the pain they give you. if you are not used to wearing heels then it could be even worse for you.
But to make your “heel wearing” experience a better one we are going to share with you some of the tips. Here are they:
1. Select the correct size- The first and foremost thing that you need to keep in mind is picking the correct size for you. If the heels you select are too big for you may either twist your ankle or end up having blisters. On the other hand, if you get a sandal which is too tight it will restrict the blood flow and will make you uncomfortable.
2. Opt for thick soles- High heels with thin soles are not very realistic and comfortable to walk in. Thin soles create a deeper alleviation with high heels, which makes it a painful experience. Along with this thin soles make more space for dirt, dust and other external agents thus making your feet dirty.
3. More coverage means more comfort- Strappy heels are not as comfortable as heels with wider straps and belts. The wider straps provide a better hold on to the feet and thus are more comfortable to walk in.
4. Use shoe inserts- Adding insoles can really help to prevent the pain you experience after wearing heels. Insoles or shoe inserts are designed in such a way to act as a supporter and shock absorber for the feet and thus reducing the discomfort associated with wearing high heels.
5. Opt for chunky heels- Stilettoes may look very attractive and sexy, but at the end of the day you are left with aching feet. Definitely not worth it. Wedges, block heels or platforms are a way better options when compared to stilettoes. These provide a wider support to your heel and you can walk in them without paying too much attention to your walk all the time.
6. Take breaks- Wearing heels for extended hours may leave you in pain for a very long time. Thus, it is very important to give your feet regular breaks. Take off your towering heels whenever you have a chance and stretch your feet to loosen up the tension. If possible, give your feet a two-minute massage. Trust me, your feet will thank you later.
7. Comfort over style- You know your comfort best. So, if you know that you won’t be able to carry a 5-inch stiletto, then go for something which you can carry with ease. If you think block heels or wedges are your things, then go for them instead.