Long nails may not seem like a big deal for those who are blessed with them. But ask the ones who struggle to grow their nails. Girls with fast growing healthy nails can never understand their pain. Obviously, there are options like nail extensions and acrylic nails, but nothing could swap the natural nails. To solve this common problem, we have come up with some easy nail hacks so as to make your nails grow faster and stronger.
1. Cuticle oil- Cuticle oil is especially meant for your nails and helps with keeping your nail beds moisturized and strong. Try to apply cuticle oil regularly to the skin of your nails in order to improve the nail growth and health.
Image Source: amazonaws
2. Soaking- To maintain the proper health of your nails it is important that you keep them clean. Soaking your hands in warm water and shampoo twice a week will get rid of all the dirt and dust trapped in and around the nails. When your nails are clean they grow faster and stronger.
Image Source: hergamut
3. Trim them- This may sound a bit weird but trimming your nails actually make them grow faster. Trimming on a regular basis help you maintain a proper shape and length. It also prevents your nails from getting brittle.
Image Source: sanedrive
Also Read: 7 Amazing Tips To Grow Your Nails
4. Shape them- To ensure that your nails do not break off while you are trying to grow them you must shape them to the desired shape. The best shape for your nails, while you are trying to grow them, is a square shape. But make sure that the edges are rounded and not pointed.
Image Source: mdpcdn
5. File them- After trimming your nails always make sure to file them. This way your edges will be smooth and there will be no tugging whatsoever. Thus reducing the chances of breakage.
Image Source: beautyhealth
6. Use a base coat- A base coat adds strength to the nail and prevents bending and breakage. In fact, there are some strengthening base coats available in the market which are enriched with oils and other ingredients and thus help in growing your nails longer and stronger.
Image Source: idiva
Also Read: 7 Cool Nail Colours To Rock This Fall
7. Castor oil- You must have heard that castor oil is great for hair growth. But not only that, castor oil is also very good for your nails as well. Apply a thin layer of castor oil on your cuticles every night before going to bed to make your nails grow stronger and shinier.
Image Source: berkeley
8. Vitamin E- To make your nails grow faster you can take supplements such as vitamin E. Vitamin E is known to improve and fasten the growth of your nails while making them stronger from within.