This one is a healthy, quick and easy recipe to prepare. This quick recipe is perfect when you want to have an instant snack which is healthy, tasty and filling. The best thing is that you can add variations to this salad and modify it according to your taste and preferences. And if you thought that healthy cannot be tasty then your thoughts are going to change completely after trying out this recipe.
So without any further due let’s get started with the recipe.
Also Read: Pasta Salad Recipe
- Moong beans- 2 cups (sprouted)
- Onion- 1, medium sized (chopped)
- Tomato- 1, medium sized (chopped)
- Potato- 1, small (boiled and diced)
- Green chili- 1 (finely chopped)
- Red chilli powder- ¼ tsp.
- Chat masala- ½ tsp.
- Lemon juice- 1 tsp.
- Fresh coriander- for garnishing
- Salt or rock salt- as per taste
- In order to sprout the moong beans, rinse them with water 3-4 times. soak the beans in 3 cups of water overnight in a bowl and cover it with a lid. The next day the beans will swell up. Throw away the excess water if any and then again cover the lid and this time, leave the moong in this container for two days. After 2 days you will see sprouts coming out of the moong beans.
- Rinse the sprouted beans and boil or steam them until they are cooked.
- In a bowl add the chopped onion, tomato, potato and cooked moong dal.
- Now add the red chilli powder, chat masala, green chili, lemon juice and salt.
- Mix all the ingredients really well. check the seasoning and adjust it accordingly.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve the masala moong sprouts immediately.