There is one thing which is very typically Indian and i.e. that we love to add an Indian twist to almost all the international cuisines we eat. Whether it is Chinese, Lebanese or Italian we love to modify it to match our taste buds. The recipe that I am going to share today is the perfect example to prove the same. No matter how much we love alfredo fettuccine or the penne in pesto sauce, but there is nothing as comforting as a plate of homemade masala pasta. Keeping that in mind today I am going to share with you the recipe of masala pasta. So without any further due let’s get started with the recipe.
Also Read: Red Sauce Pasta Recipe
- Pasta- 2 cups
- Olive oil- 2 tbsp.
- Cumin/jeera- ½ tsp.
- Onion- 1, large (finely chopped)
- Garlic- 2-3 cloves (finely chopped)
Carrots- 2, small (chopped)
- Capsicum- ¼ cup (chopped)
- Green peas- ¼ cup
- Tomatoes- 1 cup (chopped)
Red chilli powder- ½ tsp.
- Garam masala- ½ tsp.
- Salt- as per taste
- Cream- 2 tbsp.
- Boil 6 cups of water in a big pot. Add salt to the water and then add the pasta and cook the pasta as mentioned on the packet. Make sure that you cook the pasta al dente.
- When the pasta is cooked drain the excess water from the pasta (save 3-4 tbsp. of the pasta water) and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the chopped onion and the cumin. Cook the onion until light brown in colour.
- Add the chopped garlic and cook until the raw aroma fades away.
- Now add all the vegetables to the pan and sauté them for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and mix with the vegetables.
- Season the vegetables with salt and continue cooking the vegetables until the tomatoes are soft and cooked.
- Add the red chilli powder and garam masala. Cook for a minute.
- Now add the pasta water you saved earlier and mix with the vegetables.
- Add the cooked pasta to the vegetables and mix well. check the seasoning and adjust accordingly.
- Turn off the flame and add the cream. Mix well and serve your masala pasta hot or warm.
- You can also add some grated cheese on your pasta as well.
Image Source: mydevstaging
Also Read: Chicken Pasta (Spaghetti) Recipe