This mushroom pulao recipe is yet another one pot recipe which you can prepare on days when you don’t feel like preparing an elaborate meal but still want to eat some good home cooked food. You can also add variations to this recipe by adding more veggies depending on your choice. So without any further due let’s get started with the recipe.
Also Read: How to Make: Nawabi Pulao
- Basmati rice- 1 ½ cup
- Button mushrooms- 250 gm
- Onion- 1, medium sized (chopped)
- Tomato- 1, medium sized (chopped)
- Potato- 1, medium sized (peeled diced)
- Cumin/jeera- 1 tsp.
- Green cardamom/elaichi- 3
- Cloves/laung- 5
- Black peppercorns- 5-6
- Cinnamon/dal chini- 1 inch stick
- Green chilli- 1-2 (Chopped)
- Ginger garlic paste- ½ tbsp.
- Water- 2 ½ cup water
- Oil- 2 tbsp.
- Salt- as per taste
- Wash and rinse the rice really well 2-3 times. soak the rice for 20-30 minutes.
- When the rice is soaked, heat a pressure cooker and oil to it. When the oil is hot enough add the cumin, clove, cardamom, cinnamon and black peppercorns to it.
- Cook the spices until they are fragrant and then add the onions. Cook they onions until they are light golden in colour.
- Now add the ginger garlic paste. Cook for some time or until the raw aroma fades away.
- Now add the chopped tomatoes, mushrooms and potatoes. Sauté for 9-10 minutes.
- Add the soaked rice along with the green chilli to the cooker. Cook the rice for 1-2 minutes on a low flame while continuously stirring.
- Add the water and salt. Stir.
- Cook the rice in the pressure cooker for 2-3 whistles.
- After the whistles, turn off the flame and let the pressure subside.
- Remove the lid and fluff the rice with a fork.
- Serve the mushroom pulao hot with vegetable raita, salad and some lemon.
Image Source: blogspot
Also Read: Tawa Pulao Recipe (Mumbai Style)