Here I am today with another healthy and fast recipe. Now when we talk about “healthy food” it doesn’t have to be boring or tasteless. Healthy food is all about picking up the right ingredients and bringing them together to create something deliciously healthy. Keep in that in mind today I am going to share with the recipe of oats chilla. As the name suggests it is prepared with oats and lots of vegetables. You can add whatever veggies you want to and customize it accordingly. So without any further due let’s get started with the recipe.
- Oats- ½ cup
- Gram flour/besan- ½ cup
- Onion- 1 small (finely chopped)
- Tomato- 1, small (finely chopped)
- Cumin seeds/jeera- ¼ tsp.
- Green chilli- 1 (finely chopped)
- Fresh coriander leaves- 2 tbsp.
- Red chilli powder- ¼ tsp.
- Turmeric/Haldi powder- ¼ tsp.
- Water- ¾ cup
- Salt to taste
- Oil for cooking
- Grind the oats to form a fine powder. Now in a bowl combine the besan and the ground oats.
- Now add all the vegetable, ground spices and salt to the besan and oats mix.
- Start adding water while continuously whisking the mixture. Mix the batter till everything is combined and all the lumps are dissolved. The batter should neither be too runny nor too thick. You can adjust the quantity of the water accordingly.
- When the batter is ready, heat a tawa or a frying pan and grease it with some oil. Now pour a ladle full of batter in the centre of the tawa and spread it evenly.
- Let the chilla cook on a low to medium flame for 2-3 minutes. Now drizzle some oil on the top part of the chilla and carefully flip it. Let the chilla cook from this side as well.
- Once the chilla is cooked, fold it over and put it on a plate.
- Serve the chilla hot with your favourite chutney or sauce.