This palak paneer bhurji recipe is a hybrid of paneer bhurji and palak paneer. You get the texture of paneer bhurji and the taste is very similar to palak paneer. It is a great recipe to try if you are looking for something new. You can serve this with chapatti, bread or rice. Here is a step by step recipe of the palak paneer bhurji.
- Paneer- 200 grams (crumbled)
- Spinach/palak- 2 cups (Chopped)
- Cumin/jeera- /2 tsp.
- Bay leaf/tej patta- 1
- Onion- 1, medium (Chopped)
- Tomato- 2, medium (Chopped)
- Ginger garlic paste- ½ tsp.
- Green chilli- 2, slit
- Red chilli powder- ¼ tsp.
- Garam masala- ¼ tsp.
- Oil- 2 tbsp.
- Salt- as per taste
- Heat oil in a pan or kadhai. Add cumin and bay leaf to it. Sauté the spices until fragrant.
- Add the finely chopped onions and cook until golden brown in colour.
- Add ginger garlic paste and cook until the raw aroma fades away.
- Now add the green chilli and chopped tomatoes. Mix well and cook until the tomatoes are soft and mushy.
- Add the red chilli powder and the turmeric and cook until the onion tomato masala looks cooked.
- Add the chopped spinach leaves and cover the pan. Cook the spinach on a low flame until the spinach has wilted completely.
- Once the spinach has wilted remove the lid and cook until all the water from the pan has evaporated.
- Add the crumbled paneer and mix well.
- Now season with salt and sprinkle garam masala. Cook for 2-3 minutes on a low flame. Turn off the flame.
- Serve the palak paneer bhurji with roti, paratha, bread or rice.