We’ve all grown up eating suji halwa. Especially in northern India, it is one of the most loved desserts that is often made at home mainly because it is so easy to prepare. But the recipe that I am going to share with you is that of pineapple halwa which is nothing but sooji halwa with pineapple as an additional ingredient. The procedure and the rest of the ingredients are pretty much the same. So without any further due let’s get started with the recipe.
Also Read: Saffron Suji Halwa Recipe
- Semolina/rava/sooji- ½ cup
- Sugar- ½ cup
- Water- 1 ½ cup
- Ghee- 4 tbsp.
- Cashews- 10-12
- Raisins- 1 tbsp.
- Cardamom powder- ¼ tsp.
- Pineapple- ¾ cup (chopped)
- Saffron- a generous pinch
- Add the chopped pineapple, saffron, cardamom powder, water and sugar to a pan. Mix all the ingredients and place the pan on the stove. Stir the mixture occasionally and bring it to a boil.
- In a kadhai, heat the ghee. Now add the rava and the cashews to the hot ghee and roast them. When the cashews are golden and you can see the ghee separating from the rava, you are ready for the next step.
- Transfer the pineapple mixture to the kadhai while continuously stirring with a spatula or a wired whisk. This will ensure that no lumps are formed.
- Cook the halwa on a low flame until all the water is absorbed.
- Now add the raisins and mix again.
- Serve the pineapple halwa hot or warm.
Image Source: blogspot
Also Read: Atta (Whole Wheat Flour) Halwa Recipe