During the auspicious occasion of Ramadan festival, people perform fasts to compensate for their past sins and to receive God’s blessings for a happy and merry life. They eat or drink nothing during the whole day, and break their fast with either water or something sweet like dates or a piece of sweet.
Anjeer or Figs are enriched with multiple nutrients and essential minerals, that will provide your body the strength to stay strong during the fasting period. You can eat this sweet Barfi during the first sermon, before dawn, when people eat early morning to survive the day.
Here is a simple recipe that will help you instruct how you can make a simple yet delicious Anjeer Barfi at home.
PREPARATION TIME: 15 MINUTES
COOKING TIME: 20 MINUTES
• 1 cup of chopped Dry Figs
• 1 cup of chopped Dates
• 2 tablespoons of Raisins
• ½ cup of chopped dry fruits like Pistachios, Cashews and Almonds
• A pinch of Cardamom Powder
• A pinch of Nutmeg or Cinnamon powder
• 1 tablespoon of Ghee
• 2 tablespoons of Water
Also read: How To Make Sweet Delicious Sheer Korma
HOW TO PREPARE:
1. First, to fry the nuts, take a pan and put all the chopped nuts into it. Dry roast on medium heat and until they become aromatic and crispy. Take off and set aside.
2. Now, into the same pan, add the chopped dry figs and pour the water onto them. Cook them until they become soft.
3. Now add cinnamon powder, cardamom powder, and dates into the pan and sauté all the ingredients well, until they turn sticky and mushy.
4. Then, add ghee and stir well. if you want to make the barfi healthier then you can skip this step and use a non-stick pan to cook everything in, instead.
5. Cook the ingredients until they become firm and lose all moisture from the mixture.
6. Now, take a clean plate, grease it with some ghee and transfer the Anjeer mixture onto it.
7. Smoothen and flatten the surface and cut into square shaped barfi.
8. Serve at the same time, or else store in a container, in the refrigerator.
Go ahead and try this amazing sweet dish. You can also cook it anytime, even without any occasion, just to enjoy its amazing taste and flavors.