A lot of people don’t realize it, but the raw banana is actually a very versatile ingredient just like a potato. You can make cutlets with it. Turn them into chips, make curries and even stir fry them to make a quick snack. Today I am going to share with you one of the easiest and amazingly delicious banana stir fry recipe. And if you are not a fan of raw banana you might just start to question your choices. Yes, it is that good.
So without any further due let’s get straight into the recipe.
Also Read: Raw Banana Patties Recipe
- Unripe/raw banana- 300 gm
- Oil- 2 tbsp.
- Mustard seeds- ¼ tsp.
- Curry leaves- 6-7
- Asafoetida/hing- a pinch
- Red chilli powder- ½ tsp.
- Coriander powder- ½ tsp.
- Turmeric powder- ¼ tsp.
- Fresh coriander leaves- 1 tbsp. (finely chopped)
- Salt- as per taste
- Rinse the raw bananas and peel them.
- Slice the bananas in thin rounds in a bowl filled with salt water. The salt water will prevent the bananas from getting brown.
- Now heat some oil in a pan. Add the mustard seeds to the hot oil and let them crackle.
- Add the curry leaves and the asafoetida to the oil and stir.
- Add the coriander powder, turmeric and chilli powder to the oil and sauté for a few seconds.
- Now take out the bananas from the water and put them on a kitchen towel. Let the excess water get soaked in the kitchen towel.
- Add the banana slice to the pan and stir really well.
- Let the banana cook on a low flame. Spread the banana slices in the pan to ensure even cooking. Do not cover the pan with a lid.
- Keep stirring the banana slices at a regular interval. We need the banana slices to get crispy and crunchy.
- When the bananas are done the cooking, add the salt and mix well.
- Finish off by adding fresh chopped coriander.
- If you want a slight tang in the dish you can also add some lemon juice to the banana stir fry as well.
- Serve the stir fried banana on its own or with roti or paratha.