Cheelas are the Indian version of the pancakes. But unlike pancakes which are usually sweet in taste cheelas are savoury. Cheelas are usually made with gram flour (besan), oats, ground lentils, etc. but today we are going to share with you the recipe of rawa/sooji (semolina) cheela. It is more of a breakfast recipe and to make it, even more, filling we have added some vegetables to the recipe as well. You can add any vegetables you like. So without any further blabbering let’s get straight into the recipe.
Also Read: How to Make: Besan ka Cheela
- Semolina/rawa/sooji- 1 cup
- Onion- ¼ cup (finely chopped)
- Carrot- ¼ cup
- Tomato- ¼ cup
- Green chilli- 2, chopped
- Ginger- ½ tsp. (crushed)
- Coriander- 2-3 tbsp.
- Red chilli powder- a pinch
- Turmeric powder- a pinch
- Salt- as per taste
- Water- 1 ½ cup
- Oil- as per requirement
- To a bowl add 1 cup of semolina/rawa/sooji.
- Now add 1 cup water to it and keep it aside to rest for at least half an hour.
- After half an hour the water will be absorbed by the rawa and the texture would also get much softer.
- Now add the remaining half cup of water to the soaked rawa.
- Add the chopped onions, carrots and tomatoes.
- Also add the red chilli powder, turmeric powder, ginger, coriander and salt. Mix all the ingredients really well.
- Heat a non-stick pan and add some oil to it. When the pan is slightly hot, pour a ladle full of batter in the centre of the pan and spread it with the back of the ladle. The pan should not be too hot and the flame should be on low otherwise, the batter will get cooked and won’t spread.
- Cook the cheela on a medium flame. When the top appears cooked and the bottom is brown and crisp, drizzle some oil on the cheela and carefully flip it.
- Cook the cheela similarly on the other side as well.
- Remove on a plate and serve the rawa cheela hot with your favourite sauce or chutney.
Image Source: ytimg
Also Read: Oats Chilla Recipe