The pasta recipe that I am sharing today is a perfect one for the kids. You can either make this for their tiffin or serve it to them as an after school lunch. You can use the same recipe for making pasta for adults as well. Just add some extra chilli to it if you think this one would be too mild for you. So shall we get started?
Here is a step by step recipe of the red sauce pasta.
Also Read: White Sauce Pasta Recipe
- Pasta- 1 cup
- Olive oil- 2-3 tbsp.
- Garlic- 3-4 cloves
- Onion- 1, small (finely chopped)
- Tomato- 3 medium sized (deseeded and chopped)
- Red bell pepper- 1, large (diced)
- Red chilli flakes- 1 tsp.
- Salt- as per taste
- Oregano- 1 tsp.
- Black pepper powder- as per taste
- In a pan heat some oil and sauté the red bell pepper for 2 minutes on a medium to high heat. Remove it in a bowl and let it cool.
- To the same pan, add some more oil and sauté the tomatoes until they are soft and mushy. Remove in a bowl and let it cool.
- Once the bell peppers and tomatoes have cooled down, blend them into a puree.
- Now in a pot, boil water to cook the pasta. Once the water is hot add 1 tsp. salt to it.
- Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook until al dente (cooked but still have a bite to it).
- Drain off the water from the pasta and run cold water over the pasta to stop the cooking process immediately. You can save some of the pasta water to use in the sauce.
- Heat oil in a pan and cook the chopped garlic and the red chilli flakes until the raw aroma fades away.
- Add the onions and cook until they are golden in colour.
- Now pour in the tomato and bell pepper puree to the pan. Add salt and mix well. Add few tbsp. of pasta water to the sauce and cook the pasta sauce well.
- Add the oregano and pasta to the sauce. Toss the pasta in the sauce and turn off the flame.
- Serve the pasta hot.
Image Source: basictokyo
Also Read: Creamy Mushroom Pasta Recipe