This one is a quicker version of our beloved vegetable dum biryani. Though nothing can compete with that taste but if you are not in the mood of putting in a lot of efforts but still want to eat biryani, then this will satisfy your cravings. The recipe is fairly easy to follow and is quick to make. The ingredients are pretty much the same as a regular biryani thus the flavours you get are also very similar. This one is a perfect recipe for almost any time of the day.
Here is a step by step recipe of the same.
Also Read: How to Make Paneer Dum Biryani
- Semiya/vermicelli- 1 ½ cup
- Water- 2 ¼ cup
- Bay leaf- 1, small
- Star anise- ½
- Mace- 1 strand
- Caraway seeds/shahi jeera- ½ tsp.
- Cinnamon- 1-inch stick
- Cloves- 3-4
- Green cardamom- 2
- Onion- 1, medium (thinly sliced)
- Green chilli- 1, chopped
- Ginger garlic paste- 1 tsp.
- Mixed vegetables- 1 cup (capsicum, carrot, beans, potato)
- Coriander leaves- 1 tbsp. (chopped)
- Biryani masala- ½ tsp.
- Red chilli powder- ¼ tsp.
- Salt- as per taste
- Dry the roast the vermicelli in a pan on a low flame until it is brown and toasted. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and sauté the whole spices until they are fragrant.
- Add the chopped onion, ginger garlic paste and green chilli. Sauté until the onion is golden brown in colour.
- Add the chopped mixed vegetables and coriander leaves. Sauté the vegetables for 3-4 minutes.
- Now put on a lid and cook the vegetables until they are soft.
- Add the red chilli powder and the biryani masala. Stir and fry for a minute.
- Add water and salt. Stir and let the water come to a boil.
- When the water starts boiling, add the roasted vermicelli.
- Cook the vermicelli on a high flame until all the water is absorbed.
- Turn off the flame and put on a lid.
- Keep the vermicelli covered for 3-4 minutes.
- Serve the semiya biryani hot with curd or raita.
Image Source: blogspot
Also Read: Soya Veg Biryani for Rice Lovers!