The festive season has almost arrived and there is a lot of excitement to be seen and felt everywhere. Preparations for the same are in full swing as well, and one of the most important parts of that preparation is cleaning the house. This is one of those rituals which followed in almost every household. But this Diwali cleaning can be a nightmare for those who are allergic to dust as it can evoke their allergies and make them even worse.
Symptoms that you have a dust allergy
If immediately after coming in contact with dust you experience continuous sneezing, cough, runny nose, shortness of breath, irritation in eyes and itching, then you are allergic to dust.
But thankfully you can keep the allergy at bay by including these superfoods in your diet.
Also Read: 10 Bad Habits That Are Ruining Our Skin!
1. Spinach- Consuming spinach on a regular basis can help you in getting rid of asthma. Spinach is high in nutrients like vitamin C and E, potassium, beta carotene and magnesium. Amongst these, magnesium is one of the most important ones if you want to prevent asthma attacks. If you are deficient in magnesium, then you are more exposed to asthma.
Image Source: livescience
2. Apple- The famous saying, an apple a day keeps the doctor away is true for allergies. For those who are suffering from allergy, apples can be a great addition to their regular diet. It is advisable for pregnant women to eat at least 4 apples a week as it reduces the chances of giving birth to an asthmatic child. This is because apples have a high amount of quercetin, a phytochemical which provides protection against asthma.
Image Source: dilcdn
Also Read: 10 Types of Headache You Should Be Knowing!
3. Banana- Banana is another fruit which is very helpful for the people suffering from asthma. Bananas are rich in potassium as well as fibre both of which help in preventing asthma along with other respiratory problems.
Image Source: foodmatters
4. Avocado- Avocado is one of the best food items for the asthmatics. This is so because the concentration of L-glutathione is very high in it. In fact, it is the highest to be found any food item. This particular antioxidant is known to repair the gut health and thus help in preventing asthma.
Image Source: healthination
5. Garlic- Garlic is considered to be one of the most excellent anti-allergy superfoods. There are certain enzymes present in garlic which restrict the generation of certain other enzymes in the body which are responsible for producing some other inflammatory compounds. Along with that it also lowers the risk of allergic reactions.
Image Source: mpfitgyms
6. Ginger- Ginger is high in anti-inflammatory properties and thus for some it even works better than medicines for curing inflammation and decongesting. The best part is that there are no side effects to the use of ginger and thus you can consume it without being apprehensive.
Image Source: well-beingsecrets
7. Turmeric- Turmeric contains an enzyme called curcumin which is known to have anti-allergic properties. It is an anti-inflammatory compound and antioxidant which improves the immune system and thus helps in fighting allergies. It also acts as a decongestant which helps relieve a stuffed nose as well. Having warm turmeric milk is a great way to improve your immunity and thus reducing the chances of allergies.