Til or sesame ladoo is the perfect dessert recipe for winters. These ladoos are prepared with til/sesame, peanuts and coconut; all of which provide warmth to your body. Along with that, I have substituted sugar with jaggery which is a healthier and tastier substitute for sugar. You can prepare these ladoos beforehand and serve them whenever you want to. Here is a step by step recipe of the same.
Also Read: Atta Ladoo Recipe
Sesame seeds/til- 1 cup
Peanuts- ¼ cup
Desiccated coconut- ¼ cup
Jaggery/gud- 100 grams
Cardamom powder- ½ tsp.
1. Pick the sesame seeds and get rid of the stones or alien particles if any.
2. Heat a thick bottomed pan or kadhai and keep the flame on low.
3. Roast the sesame seeds on a low flame while stirring often. Make sure that the sesame seeds are well roasted. This will take about 4-5 minutes on a low flame.
4. When the sesame seeds are roasted, transfer them to a plate.
5. Now in the same pan, roast the peanuts. Stir at regular intervals. Make sure that the peanuts are well roasted and there is not even the slightest rawness in the peanuts.
6. Transfer the roasted peanuts to a plate and allow it to cool down.
7. Turn off the flame and add the desiccated coconut to the pan. Roast the coconut with the flame turned off.
8. When the coconut is roasted transfer the coconut to a plate and allow it to cool down.
9. Once all three ingredients have cooled down, transfer them to a grinder along with the jaggery and cardamom powder.
10. Grind all the ingredients in the grinder until you get a uniform consistency. During the grinding process scrape the mixture from the sides of the grinder for perfect grinding.
11. The mixture is ready when you can see the sesame, peanuts and coconut have released some oil. Take some of the mixture in your hand and try to give it the shape of a ladoo. If it holds the shape well, then the mixture is ready.
12. Remove the mixture from the grinder.
13. Take small portions of the ladoo mixture and start making the ladoos.
14. Once all the ladoos are ready, store them in an airtight container and serve then as and when required.
15. If the climate is warm and humid then you need to store the ladoos in the refrigerator.
Also Read: Badam Ladoo Recipe