With monsoon approaching soon, it becomes more important that you keep your furniture ready for this season. And if you have no idea how to take care of your furniture, then don’t worry as we have got you covered. Here are some tips to keep your furniture ready for the monsoon.
1. Try to keep the sofa cushions dry.
2. Avoid placing hot things directly on the furniture.
3. Change positions of the movable furniture if possible.
4. Make sure there is no stagnation around the furniture or walls behind or near seep water. Well, it’s hard to figure that out but if you don’t fix this problem in time, it can lead to serious issues.
5. Let your furniture breathe by placing them in dry hair as much as possible.
6. Use door and drawers frequently during this season.
7. If you have a solid wood furniture then, make sure they are treated well with varnish, wash or any other protective coating.
8. Cover the legs of the furniture with polymer and rubber brushes so that the surface underneath it doesn’t collect moisture.
9. If you find any cracks between the furniture then, make sure you fill them up before monsoon hits as it can become the breeding ground of various insects.
10. If you live in an area which is very rainy then, make sure that you remove the entire moisture from the rooms using an AC or any other equipment.
So, these were the few tips to keep your furniture ready for the monsoon.