One of the most alluring features in a woman’s body is definitely her eyes. Being an Indian girl, kohl or kajal is one of the most integral part of our makeup routine. The use of kajal or surma to enhance the beauty of the eyes goes back to the ancient India. Kajal is that one beauty product which is used by almost every woman in India, whether she lives in a village or a metro city. Just a single swipe of kajal is enough to give your eyes more definition and depth and at the same time makes you look more gorgeous.
With everything evolving at such a fast pace even the kajal has evolved so much. From homemade ones that we used to apply with our fingers to the waterproof and smudge-proof ones that have become an integral part of every vanity. With so many options available in the market, selecting the perfect kajal might get a little daunting, especially if you have sensitive eyes. To make your life little easier, here is the compilation of the top 8 kajals that are perfect for sensitive eyes.
1. Faces Magneteyes Kajal – The magneteyes kajal by Faces is an affordable yet quality pick. The texture of the kajal is very creamy and glides on smoothly without tugging. The kajal is enriched with Vitamin C and is dermatologically tested and hence is perfect for sensitive eyes. The colour pay off of this kajal is amazing. Just one stroke is enough to give you a vibrant colour. The staying power of the kajal is limited to 3 hours without smudging. This one is one of the best kajal in this price range and is an amazing pick for daily wear.
2. Maybelline Colossal Kajal- Maybelline was the first one to introduce the ‘smudge proof’ and water proof kajal in the Indian market. The kajal was launched at an initial price of INR 100-150 approx. with an eight-hour smudge proof claim. The smudge proof claim has evolved to twelve hours smudge proof and so has the price. The kajal is very deep black and lives up to the smudge proof and waterproof claim of the brand. The kajal comes in a vibrant yellow twist up standard packaging. The brand has also launched the coloured version of the kajal which is also great.
Image Source: missbabylon
3. Colorbar Just Smoky Kajal- This kajal from the brand colorbar was launched in five alluring shades. This kajal comes in pencil packaging which needs to be sharpened. The kajal stick also comes with a smudging tip on one side. It has a jet black colour, it does not smudge and lasts for the whole day. The color payoff is amazing and you get the blackest black color in just two strokes. With the price tag of INR 650-700 approx., this might be a little pricey as compared to other options available in the market, but it’s totally worth the price.
Image Source: blogspot
4. Patanjali Herbal Kajal- When it comes to herbal products Patanjali is one of the most sort after brands that you can look up to. The kajal comes in the normal twist up packaging. It has a faint smell that actually smells like homemade kajal. The colour payoff of this kajal is amazing. It gives deep black colour. The texture of the kajal is smooth and gives an even application. It is safe to apply on the waterline and does not irritate the eyes. In fact, it gives your eyes a calming and cooling effect. It gives a semi-matte finish. This one is perfect for applying on the lower lash line and for tight lining purpose. The staying power of this kajal is pretty decent. It stays on your waterline for around 3 hours and does not smudge at all. The staying power on the lash line is close to six hours which is pretty amazing. For INR 90-100 approx. this kajal is a steal.
Image Source: beautifulhameshablog
5. Biotique Bio Kajal- This kajal is enriched with the goodness of several natural ingredients which are beneficial for the eyes. Biotique is a brand which has been a cult favourite amongst people who are all eyes for herbal products. The kajal comes in a twist up bullet. The texture is amazingly creamy and decently pigmented. Just two strokes are enough to give you that striking look. Though the staying power of this kajal is not that great. It stays on your eyes without smudging for about good two hours after which it starts to get smudged and smeared a little.
Image Source: blogspot
6. Himalaya Herbals Kajal (Waterproof) – Himalaya herbal kajal is a perfect accompaniment for sensitive eye. Its formula is enriched with natural ingredients that will not irritate your eyes at all. The kajal is much pigmented and only a single stroke is enough to give you an intense black finish. The kajal has a mild herbal fragrance which does not bother your eyes or nose. It glides on smoothly and gives your eyes a cooling sensation soon after application. The kajal stays on for a pretty average time period of 2 hours and starts smudging a bit after this time period.
Image Source: thestylecircle
7. Shahnaz Husain Sha Eyes Herbal Kajal- The kajal comes in a twist up bullet packaging. The packaging of this kajal is very attractive and travel-friendly. There is a small mirror on the cap of the lid which is very useful for touch ups. The texture of the kajal is very smooth and glides on easily without tugging. The kajal is well pigmented and gives a deep black colour in just a single swipe. You can intensify the colour by swiping it 2-3 times on your water line. The staying power is amazing when compared to its herbal counterparts that are available in the market, after which it starts fading out slowly. Although it does not smudge on the eyes. It stays true to its herbal properties and does not sting or irritate your eyes.