If you are someone who enjoys Italian food, then this recipe is surely going to make you drool. The white sauce pasta is very different from the tomato or pesto sauce based pasta. White sauce pasta is very creamy and has very delicate flavours. Normally you would order this when you go out to eat, but avoid it making at home. But not anymore today we are going to tell you how you can make creamy white sauce pasta at home easily. Now, as a disclaimer, let me tell you that this pasta is very high on the calorie quotient and thus you must eat it moderately. And since it is not a very healthy version of pasta we are going to add lots of vegetables to this recipe to make it a lot healthier.
So without any further delay, let’s get started with the recipe.
- Pasta- 1 cup (boiled)
- Capsicum- 1 (chopped)
- Carrot- 1 (chopped)
- Milk- 300 ml
- All-purpose flour- 2 tsp.
- Baby corn- 4 (chopped)
- Butter- 2-3 tbsp.
- Cream- 2 tbsp.
- Black pepper- ¼ tsp. (Crushed)
- Oregano- ½ tsp.
1. In a big pot, add 3 cups of water and put on a high heat. When the water starts to boil, add ½ tsp. salt to the water.
2. Let the pasta boil for 10-12 minutes. Stir the pasta a few times so that it won’t stick to the pan. You can use your fingers to check if the pasta is cooked or not. Once the pasta is cooked you can strain the water and keep the pasta aside.
Image Source: bridalkitchenette
3. Now in a pan, add some butter and sauté the vegetables lightly. Season the vegetables with some salt and pepper. Take out the vegetables in a bowl.
Image Source: aadyaananya
4. Now in another pan, add the remaining butter and as the butter starts to melt, add the flour to it. Use a whisk to mix the two so that there are no lumps. Cook the flour and butter till the mixture turns a little brown.
5. At this point add the milk to the roux (the butter and flour mixture) and mix vigorously with a whisk so that there are no lumps.
6. Let the sauce cook for a minute or two. Now add some salt, black pepper and oregano to the sauce and mix well.
Image Source: ytimg
7. Now add the cooked pasta and the vegetables to the sauce and mix well.
Image Source: cookclickndevour
8. Finish off the pasta by adding the cream.
9. Garnish the pasta with some extra oregano and black pepper.