Fed up eating the same old Pani Puri over and over again? Let’s bring a twist in our traditional chaat. This crispy cone chaat is tastier than it seems to be. You can add the flavours according to your choice. Make it extra spicy if you’re a chilli lover. So let’s learn how to make Crispy Cone Chaat in just 15 minutes.
Image Source: wordpress
Ingredients for Cone Chaat
- 1 ½ cup refined flour
- 1 tbsp. ghee
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp ajwain
- 2-3 tbsp. cornflour
- Oil for frying
- ½ cup murmure (puffed rice)
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 tbsp. roasted peanuts
- 2 tbsp. rice crispies
- 3 tbsp. masala dal
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- ½ tsp red chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp. coriander leaves chopped
- 1 ½ tbsp. green chutney
- 3 tbsp. tamarind chutney
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2-3 tbsp. sev
How to Make Crispy Cone Chaat?
- Add ghee, salt and ajwain to refined flour in a bowl. Add some water and knead a dough. Make the dough stiff.
- Divide the dough in small sized balls. Make flat thin chapattis with it. Dust it with some refined flour.
- Take some cornflour in a bowl and add some water to make a smooth slurry.
- Cut the chapattis into the half. And make cones with the semi-circles. Seal the edges with the cornflour slurry prepared above.
- Heat some oil in a wok and deep fry the cones until they are crispy brown. Take them out and keep them on the tissue paper.
- To make the filling, mix puffed rice, onions, peanuts, rice crispies, masala dal, chaat masala, chilli flakes, coriander leaves, green chutney and tamarind chutney in a bowl. Mix it well. add some lemon juice and then mix again.
- Add some sev on top of it. Fill the fried cones with the mixture and then top it with the sev. Serve it immediately as it can become soggy after some time.
- Serve it with spicy green chutney or you can have it as it is.