Makhna aloo is a snack recipe that you can serve with the evening tea. The taste of this recipe is so unique given to the anardana powder and the mint. You can also serve it as a side dish as well. The best part is you can even make this on normal days when you are not fasting and it will make just as good as a snack. Here is a step by step recipe of the same.
- Potato- 4, medium (boiled)
- Makhana/fox nuts- 1 ½ cup
- Dry pomegranate powder- 1 tsp.
- Cumin/jeera powder- 1 tsp.
- Green chilli- 2 (finely chopped)
- Mint leaves- 1 tbsp. (chopped)
- Ghee- ½ tbsp.
- Sendha namak- as per taste
- Peel the boiled potatoes and roughly chop them into cubes.
- Dry roast the makhana in a pan over low heat until they are crisp.
- When makhanas are toasted, transfer them to a bowl and set aside.
- In the same pan, heat the ghee.
- Add the chopped green chilli and saute for a few seconds.
- Add the chopped potatoes in the ghee and stir.
- Now add the cumin powder, dry anardana powder and salt.
- Mix the potatoes really well.
- Cook the potatoes on a medium to low flame until they are cooked to your liking. I like them when they are golden and start forming a crusty layer on them.
- Add the roasted makhanas and the chopped mint.
- Quickly give it a stir and serve the aloo makhana immediately.